Andrew Cashner season stats for those of us in CBS leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Cashner season stats for those of us in CBS leagues

If you visit his player page you will see the error pointed out by a user at the top of the comments:
    If you own Cashner in a seasonal roto league, CBS still has the stats for him screwed up. In week 4, they charged him with 8 ER (instead of 6) - and it hasn't been fixed yet. When you run a custom report, his ERA is higher than it should be (off by 2 ER) so your team's aggregated ERA is still off by 2 ER (his WHIP is also off by 1 hit). CBS was emailed about this back in week 4 and, pathetically, they still haven't addressed it.

I e-mailed CBS to fix this just tonight when I learned about it but maybe if we gang up on them, it will actually happen.

Also, if anyone has a phone number for CBS fantasy sports other than the 877 number, which I'll try...

We do pay for them to have accurate stats

Thanks

One thing Ive learned about CBS - ganging up on them has literally zero effect. And they dont have phones.

Comment

In my CBS leagues, I show Cashner with 6 ER total for his starts on April 21 & April 26, so I assume they fixed it.

Comment

Here's what they had to say:
        This is an issue where the stats came in after the 7 days window we get from Elias. That being said if a stat comes in after the 7 day window we will not update the stats.

And Revo if you run a custom report for the team that has Cashner, that's how you will see that the extra hit & 2 ER are still part of the team's totals.

As one might guess, I have him and ERA is really tight so I'm quite unhappy. We do pay them for accurate stats perhaps above all...

Comment

Originally posted by NL Only View Post
          Here's what they had to say:
          This is an issue where the stats came in after the 7 days window we get from Elias. That being said if a stat comes in after the 7 day window we will not update the stats.

And Revo if you run a custom report for the team that has Cashner, that's how you will see that the extra hit & 2 ER are still part of the team's totals.

As one might guess, I have him and ERA is really tight so I'm quite unhappy. We do pay them for accurate stats perhaps above all...
          You are right, I stand corrected.

Comment

I think this is a very debatable subject, though. Stat changes can go both ways.

If this were fantasy football and a stat changed after 7 days, most FF leagues (and sites) would disallow it. Of course, if the owner who gains points from the change found out, and if it were a close game, I'm sure he would protest -- as would an owner who found himself on the receiving end of a stat change.

I think most fantasy baseball sites have to draw a cutoff somewhere, and 7-days seems appropriate to be honest.

Comment

I gotta ask...what does CBS offer that is worth paying for? How is it better than ESPN? All I hear are horror stories but somehow they still get people's money.

Not that this in itself is a deal breaker but there are lots of stories from folks who seem to hate and still use CBS. Why?

Comment

Good question...for the archives in one place online? Habit? It's not for the articles, which I suppose would be available to anyone. I like the CBS interface but ESPN is not bad either, though I've only used it for Head-to-Head

Fair point Revo...guess I wish I hadn't noticed it is all. I agree that for Head-to-Head (like the football example), I would not be in favor either, but for cumulative roto, I say get it right, even if past the cut-off. Of course if a stat change were to come days after the final game of the season, that would not fly so I see both sides...

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I gotta ask...what does CBS offer that is worth paying for? How is it better than ESPN? All I hear are horror stories but somehow they still get people's money.

Not that this in itself is a deal breaker but there are lots of stories from folks who seem to hate and still use CBS. Why?
                  Two reasons: 1) they have a contract field (neither ESPN nor Yahoo has one last I checked...critical for keeper leagues), and 2) archives (it's nice being able to go back and see past standings/stats with a couple clicks)
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Two reasons: 1) they have a contract field (neither ESPN nor Yahoo has one last I checked...critical for keeper leagues), and 2) archives (it's nice being able to go back and see past standings/stats with a couple clicks)
                    ^this.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                    X