Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZWheeler for AReed

NL only 5x5 9 team league:

I'm in a fight in the saves and wins categories. Currently first in saves 85 vs 83 and 82 and 3rd in wins 73, 70, 69 (me) and first overall by 4.5pts

I have the following starters: Kershaw, Cole, Strasburg, Arietta, KHendrick, WPeralta, HAlvarez, ZWheeler, JZimmerman and these closers Casilla, Rosenthal and Melancon

In an effort to stave off losing 2 points in saves, I can acquire Addison Reed for Zack Wheeler...would you do it? I know I am going to lose 1 point in saves because the guy sitting at 82 just picked up Chapman and Street (we allow cross league stats if traded) to go with his Kimbrell, Papelbon and Cishek.

Clearly, I can afford to lose a starter, since I have 9 quality guys, the question is do I do it. It is a keeper league...Wheeler can be kept for $11 and Reed $17.

The other option I have is to go all starters....if I do that, I should make up 2 points in wins to offset losing 2 points in saves. I will not lose any more than 2 spots in saves as 4th place is 24 behind me.

Funny, I traded Reed for Wheeler straight up 2 months ago.....still seems fair today. But an $11 Wheeler seems a much better option for next year than a $17 Reed does. Of course, Wheeler may be dealt by the Mets for a bat, so there's always a chance he crosses leagues as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Funny, I traded Reed for Wheeler straight up 2 months ago.....still seems fair today. But an $11 Wheeler seems a much better option for next year than a $17 Reed does. Of course, Wheeler may be dealt by the Mets for a bat, so there's always a chance he crosses leagues as well.
      I won't be keeping Reed next year...my other 3 closers will be $11, $11 or $9, plus, given that I am going for it this year, and I traded a lot of my cheap guys away, I think I'm going to go for the Studs and Duds plan next year breaking the bank with Stanton, Upton, NWalker, Gattis, Ramos, SMarte, Werth, Casilla, Rosenthal, Melancon for $208 in a $260 league

Comment

Working...
      X