Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Playoff Chase" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    RHD, what's the rationale for the relative ranking of Tim Anderson vs other shortstops? He would seem to have a high ceiling and is on the fast track in terms of promotion timetable. Maybe you're lower on him than I am.
    Thanx, as always, for the response, Sharky.

The only reason Anderson is ranked as high as I have him is because of my deference to the opinions of scouts. He has serious problems w plate discipline, as his 9/82 BB/K ratio this year attests to. These problems were reenforced somewhat in my mind when I saw him at the Carolina-Calif AS game this year, where he struck out in both PAs and I dont think he even fouled a ball off. The amount of swing and miss in his game scares me. His BA scouting report says that he didnt focus on baseball until junior college and that he has explosive raw tools. So he's your typical raw, hi-upside/hi-risk prospect. The fact that he still managed somehow to hit .300 this year despite the horrendous BB/K rate speaks to his raw ability. And he has plus speed so he has very good SB potential. Even if things pan out, he doesnt project to make the majors until 2016 at the earliest. He's not the type of guy that I would normally take in my rookie drafts so he'll probably remain outside my top 75-80 or so until he at least starts drawing a lot more walks.
    Last edited by rhd; 09-16-2014, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Is Korean Jung-Ho Kang anywhere on the list? I see lots of HRs but lots of ??? if he can even play MLB.

He's a power hitting shortstop from Korea, and he's an international player. So naturally, everyone is wondering if the Phillies could be interested.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Is Korean Jung-Ho Kang anywhere on the list? I see lots of HRs but lots of ??? if he can even play MLB.

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2014/10...r-jung-ho-kang
        Thanx for the response, heyelander.

I also recently learned of the imminent posting of Kang. I had never heard about him before and know practically nothing about him now other than his Korean League stats. But he is on the list now. I dont really know where to rank him, but he is at #108 currently.

Comment

Working...
        X