Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Playoff Chase" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibson today said AHill will be playing some 3B rest of year. That allows both Owings and Gregorius (who blows) to play...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I suspect we can already take Schwarber off the catcher list, but with home runs in his last five games including two today, he's put up numbers almost comparable to Bryant/Gallo (although obviously in the low minors). Also the starting first baseman for his team is named Rock Shoulders. Not super relevant but I thought you should know.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Thanks again, rhd! Deep NL-only league, all your top 150 who are allowed to be rostered are. Here are three guys I own who aren't on your list; I need to drop one of the three...

1) Dylan Cozens
        2) Braxton Davidson
        3) Michael Gettys

I assume Davidson since his K rate is so high and he hasn't hit any HRs? Or Gettys since he was a second round pick and offense upside limited since he's part of Padres? Are any of the three close to your top 150? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          Thanks again, rhd! Deep NL-only league, all your top 150 who are allowed to be rostered are. Here are three guys I own who aren't on your list; I need to drop one of the three...

1) Dylan Cozens
          2) Braxton Davidson
          3) Michael Gettys

I assume Davidson since his K rate is so high and he hasn't hit any HRs? Or Gettys since he was a second round pick and offense upside limited since he's part of Padres? Are any of the three close to your top 150? Thank you!
          Thanx as always for the response, James.

Wow, that is a deep league. All 3 are on my list farther down. Cozens has a nice power/speed combo, good overall stats and age-appropriate, but his plate discipline needs work. Davidson and Gettys are in a sticky group of new draftees. I dont know enough about these guys yet to know exactly where to rank them so they'll stay where they are until I start seeing some of the off-season Team Top prospects lists. BTW, Fangraphs has started doing this already in a nice new series by a very talented prospect guy. One team a week, I think, until next spring.

Comment

Cozens is huge, I doubt the SBs stick around as he progresses.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Cozens is huge, I doubt the SBs stick around as he progresses.
              Yes, that's probably right. BA's report says that he runs well for his size. He might be one of those guys that runs well enough to get 10-15 SBs despite their size, at least early in their careers.

Comment

rhd - thanks again for the good work, and especially for keeping up on the list. Was very handy in our expansion draft tonight.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

rhd, any opinion on Mark Canha (1B, MIA, AAA)? He's 25, which is a little old but not unreasonable for a college guy, he has very good numbers, and Miami has no obvious 1B prospects in their pipeline and Garrett Jones in the majors. That said, I basically can't find anything about him online so he can't be that interesting...
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    rhd - thanks again for the good work, and especially for keeping up on the list. Was very handy in our expansion draft tonight.
                    You're welcome, chancellor. Glad you found the list useful!

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      rhd, any opinion on Mark Canha (1B, MIA, AAA)? He's 25, which is a little old but not unreasonable for a college guy, he has very good numbers, and Miami has no obvious 1B prospects in their pipeline and Garrett Jones in the majors. That said, I basically can't find anything about him online so he can't be that interesting...
                      Thanx for the response, mjl.

CAnha's having a very solid season, almost a 300/400/500 slash line. He was BA's #24 Marlins prospect this year. BA says he's got good power, but is fringy defensively so he'll have to hit. Plus, he's a righty, which just puts more pressure on his hitting. Garrett Jones would not appear to block anyone anywhere. Marlins also have Justin Bour at 1B, also at AAA, who's also having a solid year. Bour's a lefty so that's a potential edge over Canha. They're evidently both in the lineup at the same time in AAA so one of them must be the DH or in the OF sometimes. I guess he's worth a flyer in a deep league. He's not particularly close to my Top 150, altho he's on my radar.

Comment

ah right, I'd forgotten about Bour. It looks like the AAA team is rotating the two of them through 1B/DH/LF.

Comment

I see Pompey just got the call for the Jays. Any other prospects like this to look out for that might be a sneaky pick up in a dynasty league?

Once again, thanks for all the hard work RHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
                            I see Pompey just got the call for the Jays. Any other prospects like this to look out for that might be a sneaky pick up in a dynasty league?

the Jays developoment focus the past few years has been all-in on pitching. As such they have don't really have any close position players aside from Pompey (who has sure been a pleasant surprise this year). I expect this will be something they attend to this off-season with a couple of trades of big contracts.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post

Thx for the response, Rufus.

Well, Alex Guerrero just got called up again and Garin Cecchini is supposed to be called up also. Also Brandon Finnegan got the call, altho I dont know whether they plan for him to be a starter. Stephen Moya certainly has to be considered intriguing and Andy Wilkins hasnt been more than a fringe prospect up til now but he has some power and the ChiSox have cleared out some positions on their MLB roster which creates opportunities for someone. Yorman Rodriguez is another intriguing guy that was called up. Cory Spangenburg also. I really dont know what to expect from Nick Tropeano but he's worth keeping an eye on too. And the Giants finally called up Gary Brown, altho I dont think he projects to be more than an extra OFer at this point. Terrance Gore and Billy Burns are options if you're looking for some speedy OFers likely to be on the AAA shuttle.

Comment

RHD, what's the rationale for the relative ranking of Tim Anderson vs other shortstops? He would seem to have a high ceiling and is on the fast track in terms of promotion timetable. Maybe you're lower on him than I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X