Rusney Castillo to the Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusney Castillo to the Red Sox

7 yrs, $72m -- largest contract to a Cuban defector. I guess they liked what they saw!

What's the scouting report on him? I didn't realize he had that kind of talent. More money than Abreu gets my attention.

Comment

Sounds like he's less of a masher than Abreu, not 40-HR power more like 25-30 HR power, more speed...some comparing him to Cutch/Puig.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

From what I've read, a lot of speed, some power, everyone but NYY sees him as an OF. Boston will apparantly use Castillo in CF.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
          Sounds like he's less of a masher than Abreu, not 40-HR power more like 25-30 HR power, more speed...some comparing him to Cutch/Puig.
          Saw the same article you did but Puig is huge compared to this guy.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I got him as a $2 player in my reserve draft last March !!

Comment

Pretty exciting potential. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the OF with Victorino, JBJ, Betts, Castillo, Nava, Craig and Cespedes.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Pretty exciting potential. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the OF with Victorino, JBJ, Betts, Castillo, Nava, Craig and Cespedes.
                Smells like a trade...

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                  Smells like a trade...

Yep. Everyone here in New England wants something put together to acquire Giancarlo Stanton.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    Yep. Everyone here in New England wants something put together to acquire Giancarlo Stanton.
                    Well, there's nothing in that groping that'll get the job done...add Owens along with Betts and ??? and maybe Miami would bite. But I bet it'll take more than that, since the Dodgers would jump into the fray if Miami does decide they need to deal Stanton, and they've got some really nice kids to get the deal done too...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Well, there's nothing in that groping that'll get the job done...add Owens along with Betts and ??? and maybe Miami would bite. But I bet it'll take more than that, since the Dodgers would jump into the fray if Miami does decide they need to deal Stanton, and they've got some really nice kids to get the deal done too...
                      I would hope the same for the Cubs.

Comment

Yeah, no way you can package a bunch of guys you don't need for one of the best players in baseball. It doesn't work that way.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Anyone know if/when Castillo will be added to ESPN's site? He isn't elg as a minor league pick up under our newly revised rules, which is supposed to keep more talent in the annual minor league draft (we can no longer pick up players drafted or signed during the year....we must draft them in the next minor league draft). Anyway, the wording of the rule allows for us to pick up such players in the majors, provided we keep them their and never move them to our minors. I'm betting most of the league is itching to do just that, but we have to wait until he is added to the site to be eligible.

Comment

Will he play this year? I can outbid 8/10 teams (AL only) with an $8 FA bid. I'm sure I could use him this year but he'd also be a keeper for 2015 and seems like good value.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Will he play this year? I can outbid 8/10 teams (AL only) with an $8 FA bid. I'm sure I could use him this year but he'd also be a keeper for 2015 and seems like good value.
                              Yes, from what I read, they'll play him in a few minor league games, and then call him up in September...all depends on when he gets his work visa.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X