Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with Franklin Gutierrez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do with Franklin Gutierrez?

My 12-team AL-only 5x5 league has a "mulligan" rule which allows us to change one of our keeper decisions on auction day (which is this coming Saturday). I kept Franklin Gutierrez at $15, but I now have some concerns with him going on the DL on Monday because of his ongoing digestive issues. It sounds like he's on the road to recovery with antibiotics, but they also said that 2-3 weeks ago. I like his 15hr/25sb potential, but he has to get on the field to do that. He is also in the last year of a long-term contract, so it would cost me $30 in real money to buy him out. Should I toss him back into the pool or keep him? Could I get him back for less than $15? Thoughts?

I guess it depends on how many OF and UT are needed in your auction combined with the talent available.

In our AL league we need 30 OF and 6 UT. There is not enough 10-15 dollar OF to go around. He is probably at value. I like the idea of a new contract, I don't like the idea of spending $30 extra real dollars (although this is a minor point as this is still cheap entertainment). A new contract does make it easier to trade. I would also take into consideration how much money I have going in. If I had little, I probably keep him as I do not want to spend anymore than he is. If I had plenty I roll the dice with more the idea that I get him at $15-$16 with a new contract.

Comment

I'm a little worried. Strange things tend to happen to guys on my Mock One teams and he's one of them.

How much is your league fee? If 30 bucks is 10% of the yearly fee then I probably cut him. If 30 bucks is as much as your entry fee then maybe I stick it out.

Comment

Working...
      X