2 Saves, 1 Inning, 8 pitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Saves, 1 Inning, 8 pitches

I'm a Holland owner, so I was worried when I read Holland say just three days ago that he was fatigued, and that the Royals would try to rest him a bit down the stretch. Of course, in back to back days/games over the last two days after that statement, they tried, but the guys they put in, Crow and Bueno, gave up runs creating save situations for Holland both days.

He has picked up 2 saves in the last two nights on a total of 8 pitches, 7 yesterday, and just 1 today. So basically, his statement about wanting rest created two super easy save opportunities for him in the two days following his statement. I tell ya, trying to figure out saves is a mad man's game.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-20-2014, 12:10 AM.

And I'd think that if God forbid Holland ever went down or needed lengthy rest, Wade Davis would be the guy to own.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

Oh, for sure. I have rostered him, because of that reason, and because I am not sure they end up keeping both of them next year. Pricey to do so. If one ends up going elsewhere, they both could be closers.

Comment

Working...
      X