I have $2 FAAB left, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have $2 FAAB left, what to do?

I've spent my money like crazy, always thinking that when I find what I'm looking for I'd stop. But its been constant churn, spent $2 on Fiers last week, can only spend $1 each on 2 more players. I'd like to pick up one this week as I'm actually playing a man short of a full roster when I DL'd Ryu last week and activated Straily (mistake!) and now Straily is back down and dead to me anyway.

I've been in a massive tailspin the past month that has taken me from clear frontrunner to just about being passed and at this point thinking about how to hold onto 2nd when I fall out of 1st. I picked up Coghlan and Santana a couple weeks ago for AVG help. Coghlan hasnt been very good since then unfortunately.

Cats I can lose up to 1 point: ERA, WHIP, W, S, SB, HR, R - out of these only HR and SB are likely. The surging 2nd place team is right behind me in runs.

Cat I can lose 2 points: RBI

Cat I can lose a crap load of points: AVG

Cats I can gain a point: ERA, WHIP, K, W - The ratios will be tough to gain a point but possible.

Lineup issues:

1. I have to drop someone today with Phillips being activated. One of Infante, Alcantara, Coghlan. AA makes the most sense due to his AVG but if all he does is hit .250 ROS his SB and HR will make up for it.

2. Holes in my lineup: CDavis, Beltran, Choo, Coghlan, Infante/Phillips/Alcantara. I could replace one or more with one of these guys:

Snider, Travis LF | PIT - loses PT starting today when McCutchen returns?
    Arcia, Oswaldo LF | MIN - AVG could kill me but that HR would help
    Jay, Jon CF | STL - AVG would be huge help and I could take him out vs LHP
    Inciarte, Ender LF | ARI
    Willingham, Josh LF | KC
    Venable, Will RF | SD
    Gyorko, Jedd 2B | SD
    Schoop, Jonathan 2B | BAL
    Crawford, Carl LF | LAD
    Vargas, Kennys 1B | MIN

And there's a bunch more but they are all pretty much interchangeable.

I could perhaps wait on picking up a bat for 10-14 days and instead grab a RP now. Storen is available but I think Clip closes first if Soriano is replaced. Clip, Quack, and Familia are rostered already. I could go with Giles, or Cook, or maybe Joba for an outside chance at a few saves.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

$2 for the rest of the year?

I'd drop Infante over Alcantara, but I'm a sucker for upside I don't see any clear hitting upgrades that would necessitate a move unless you want to roll the dice and replace Coghlan with Vargas or maybe Willingham if you need power.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      $2 for the rest of the year?

I'd drop Infante over Alcantara, but I'm a sucker for upside I don't see any clear hitting upgrades that would necessitate a move unless you want to roll the dice and replace Coghlan with Vargas or maybe Willingham if you need power.
      yes, lol, just $2 left. My reasoning all season is that getting help now is better than getting help later but I never thought I'd continue to churn through so many players.

After typing up that long email I realized that I could just move Straily to minors/drop rather than drop one of Infante/AA. I agree on the upside, maybe AA figures it out in a couple weeks and goes on a tear in Sept.

I could also not do anything and simply activate Pederson around Sept 1. If I knew he'd at least start vs all LHP that might be the best thing to do.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I'd go get Kennys Vargas. He's got a good eye and solid power. I'd put him in over one of those MIs.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'd go get Kennys Vargas. He's got a good eye and solid power. I'd put him in over one of those MIs.
          I'm very close to doing this tonight. Jay and Crawford were picked up recently so my list of targets is smaller. Also thinking about Arcia.

Comment

I ended up getting Vargas and shortly after that I got Pearce who played well for a few days and then got hurt. I have $0 left so I have to be super thoughtful about my drops. Wacha was activated today so I need to drop a bat, one of these but which one?

Phillips
            Polanco
            Seth Smith
            Coghlan

I'm leaning to one of the first two. If I drop Phillips I lose my ability to use Alcantara at SS in case of injury to Santana. But Phillips has been completely useless. A little worried that AA completely falls apart. K'ing a lot.

Doolittle returns in about another 9 days I think so at that time if Polanco isnt playing I should drop him. Or drop him now?

Comment

I'd just drop Polanco now - he probably won't get much playing time this month.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                I'd just drop Polanco now - he probably won't get much playing time this month.
                I ended up dropping Phillips, Polanco is next. Praying Alcantara can hit .250 but I think .200 is more likely.

Comment

Working...
                X