Very early (very) SP keepers for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very early (very) SP keepers for 2015

14 team mixed..5x5..$300 draft day budget..

It would be insane to keep both Kershaw ($60) and Felix ($47) in 2015, right? That would be a little more than 1/3 of my budget on two pitchers.

I can trade during the off season so maybe the smart thing to do would be to trade one of them to a team that has a bunch of cheap keepers with some potential.

Which one would you deal?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

how absurd is inflation? it does sound pretty ridiculous to keep both of them, but it also sounds a bit ridiculous to keep either of them.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      how absurd is inflation? it does sound pretty ridiculous to keep both of them, but it also sounds a bit ridiculous to keep either of them.
      Inflation is pretty steep.

Kershaw $60
      Felix $47
      Lee $47
      Verlander $46
      Darvish $43
      Scherzer $39
      Price $37

The next tier is Tanaka, Grienke, Zimm in the $32 range.

And MadBum, Waino, Strasburg and Sale will be available and they will all go for $40+
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Feliz is worth consideration but I'm sure you could get Kershaw back for the same price or better.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Feliz is worth consideration but I'm sure you could get Kershaw back for the same price or better.
          Re: Kershaw, maybe the same price, but i doubt less than $60, especially given how good he has been this year again...and given how the best pitchers seem to be a better value play than hitters. It's also nice to go into a draft knowing you own the best SP in baseball..

Comment

Felix $47 plus a $14 pitcher should give you better stats than Kershaw $60 and a $1 pitcher.

What were the top few position players salaries?

Comment

One of the problems you may have is that at $60 how much value will someone be willing to give up just to pay the $60 for Kershaw. I would not give up a very good cheap player to get an at "market" value pitcher even if his name was Kershaw.

In my NL only 5x5 keeper I might trade my $28 Hanley Ramirez for him straight up. I would not trade my $10 Teheran, my $30 Pence, or even my $12 Duda straight up for him. Part of the reasoning is that offense back in the auction looks a little thin this upcoming year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Felix $47 plus a $14 pitcher should give you better stats than Kershaw $60 and a $1 pitcher.

What were the top few position players salaries?
                That's a good way to look at it Gregg, thanks.

Top hitters were:

Miggy $67 (kept)
                Braun $65
                Cutch $62
                Fielder $56 (ouch!)
                CarGo $54 (ouch!)
                Pedroia $51
                Votto $49
                Cano $43

Trout and Goldy go back into the draft in 2015 so they will be $60+

Comment

One of the problems you may have is that at $60 how much value will someone be willing to give up just to pay the $60 for Kershaw. I would not give up a very good cheap player to get an at "market" value pitcher even if his name was Kershaw.

In my NL only 5x5 keeper I might trade my $28 Hanley Ramirez for him straight up. I would not trade my $10 Teheran, my $30 Pence, or even my $12 Duda straight up for him. Part of the reasoning is that offense back in the auction looks a little thin this upcoming year.
                  This past off season i traded a $1 Segura, $15 Werth and a $16 Anibal Sanchez for a $67 Miggy. Not saying any of the three i dealt were great keepers, but they were pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    That's a good way to look at it Gregg, thanks.

Top hitters were:

Miggy $67 (kept)
                    Braun $65
                    Cutch $62
                    Fielder $56 (ouch!)
                    CarGo $54 (ouch!)
                    Pedroia $51
                    Votto $49
                    Cano $43

Trout and Goldy go back into the draft in 2015 so they will be $60+
                    I could see most of those guys going back. Would the Cutch owner trade him for Kershaw?

Comment

This past off season i traded a $1 Segura, $15 Werth and a $16 Anibal Sanchez for a $67 Miggy. Not saying any of the three i dealt were great keepers, but they were pretty solid.
                      Pre-draft that is a pretty good haul for the Miggy owner. That wouldn't happen in our league.

Comment

I could see most of those guys going back. Would the Cutch owner trade him for Kershaw?
                        Hahahaha..funny you should ask that. The Cutch owner is Madducks!! and frankly i wouldn't trade a $60 Kershaw for a $62 Cutch.

Comment

Hahahaha..funny you should ask that. The Cutch owner is Madducks!! and frankly i wouldn't trade a $60 Kershaw for a $62 Cutch.
                          He will be the best of that bunch next year.

Comment

He will be the best of that bunch next year.
                            I don't think so. Kershaw is a freak.

Comment

I'd keep them both, but I'm in a points league, not a roto league. In a roto league, I imagine spending that much of your budget on pitching would be foolish, unless you have really cheap/good hitter keepers to round things out.

Comment

Working...
                              X