No announcement yet.

How is your league handling Dom Brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your league handling Dom Brown?

He was placed on the DL, so he is considered on the major league roster. Is he considered a rookie in your league and minor league eligible or does he have to count toward a keeper and or able to be drafted if dropped.

He is on the major league roster and therefore not eligilbe to be in the minors.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      He is on the major league roster and therefore not eligilbe to be in the minors.
      This too, in our leagues
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Same with my league.

Comment

If he is on the DL, he's in the bigs.

Comment

That is my opinion too. Just curious.

Comment

I snagged a $1 Alfonso Soriano this way his rookie year.
              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                That is my opinion too. Just curious.
                It isn't so much an opinion. MLB defines a player on the DL as being a part of the major league roster. They accrue major league playing time, and get paid a major league salary. It prevents teams from reassigning injured players to the minors just to keep them from accruing service time.

In the ASL and the ESL this has come up a number of times before and we've always handled it the same way. It sucks but sometimes that's the risk of having "rookies". Occasionally you get hosed just because a guy gets hurt in the spring and they can't send him down because he's on the 40-man roster.

Comment

This thread is funny, because our DBrown guy asked about this very question. Not an unreasonable try to take a shot, but I was leaning against and after I cut and pasted the "YourPalChrisMal" post and noticed the unanimous verdict, they stood down.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    This thread is funny, because our DBrown guy asked about this very question. Not an unreasonable try to take a shot, but I was leaning against and after I cut and pasted the "YourPalChrisMal" post and noticed the unanimous verdict, they stood down.

My job here is done. You're free to pay in full by the end of April, or we can arrange a special monthly 12-month payment plan with a low interest rate.

Comment

Our Minor League Eligible (MLE) rules are a little different. As long as a player still meets the statistical requirements for ROY (less than 50 IP or 130 AB, ignoring service time), then he is eligible to be stashed away on the MLE roster and his salary does not count against the auction budget for that season. With it being an Ultra league, FAAB and roster moves between active and reserve are fairly frequent.
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                      X