Joey Votto vs Jorge Soler, next 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Votto vs Jorge Soler, next 2 years

12 team 22 man roster mixed 5x5 keeper (7 keepers, no contracts) with 5 man prospect rosters. Votto owner really wants Soler, who can be kept as a prospect (i.e. it doesn't count against your 7 keepers) until the season *after* he completes his rookie eligibility.

Offer is...
    Verlander, Cobb, Latos and rights to Soler
    -for-
    Votto (and others who I won't be keeping)

Ultimately, when 2015 keepers/prospects are considered, it's Verlander and Soler for Votto.

2014 has been a crappy year for Votto, but is it a blip or are there bigger warning signs here?

Do you have 7 strong keepers? If so, I'd hold on to Soler. I think he will be a beast. You have to compare keeper #7 this year, plus Soler starting next year and beyond. I think Soler is playing next year, so it is like having a free keeper to go along with your 7th major league keeper. Who would that player be? Verlander? I think I'd rather have Latos or Cobb at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Do you have 7 strong keepers? If so, I'd hold on to Soler. I think he will be a beast. You have to compare keeper #7 this year, plus Soler starting next year and beyond. I think Soler is playing next year, so it is like having a free keeper to go along with your 7th major league keeper. Who would that player be? Verlander? I think I'd rather have Latos or Cobb at this point
      I've been aggressive in trading to improve my keeper core, so it's not bad.

If the season ended tomorrow I'd probably keep:

Miguel Cabrera
      Paul Goldschmidt
      Wil Myers
      David Wright
      Billy Hamilton
      Julio Teheran
      Matt Harvey

To that, add Marte, Yelich, Verlander, Zobrist, A. Jackson, Gattis and Wieters who are still on my roster and very keepable.

I'd consider Votto a decent upgrade, but I've held on to Soler for a good while. Prospects tend to be overvalued in our league so I like shopping them for proven talent.

Comment

Ah, these names are familiar from your other thread. Maybe it is because I was burnt by his performance this year, but I am down on David Wright. I might keep Yelich or Marte or Zborist over him. Either way, your 7th guy--Myers or Wright or one of the trio I named and Soler vs Votto is the question. I guess I am not a believer in Votto as an elite 1bman anymore, because I'd be leaning toward passing.

At the very least, there is no hurry. The deal doesn't seem to be to help you this year, and I am sure Soler can easily be moved for Votto in the offseason if you want. I'd hold and see how Wright finishes and Myers plays to see how my top 7 shake out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Ah, these names are familiar from your other thread. Maybe it is because I was burnt by his performance this year, but I am down on David Wright. I might keep Yelich or Marte or Zborist over him. Either way, your 7th guy--Myers or Wright or one of the trio I named and Soler vs Votto is the question. I guess I am not a believer in Votto as an elite 1bman anymore, because I'd be leaning toward passing.

At the very least, there is no hurry. The deal doesn't seem to be to help you this year, and I am sure Soler can easily be moved for Votto in the offseason if you want. I'd hold and see how Wright finishes and Myers plays to see how my top 7 shake out.
          Yeah Wright's a funny one. Burned by him myself this season...

But I'm not bitter...

*fashions David Wright voodoo doll*

Comment

With your current roster you don't need Votto. You get to keep Solar without it costing you a roster spot. I keep Solar.

Full disclosure, I didn't trust Votto $40 in my NL only keeper this last year and traded him before the auction. I certainly don't trust him this next year.

Comment

I'd lose Wright myself...I think his days of being anything more than slightly above replacement level are going, going, gone.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

OBA or BA? if OBA, votto can still be impressive.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

BA league.

Comment

Working...
                  X