• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    A miracle?
    Hey miracle #1... he stole third base today

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Braves win 2-0.

You hit it right on the head Hammer. It was like the 27 Yankees were playing the 75 Reds!
      I could have called that one. Lowe is usually great on opening day; it is when it gets hot that he sucks. And the Braves haven't been able to hit Livan for 15 years; they weren't about to start now.

Comment

Lowe went 0-3 with an 8.44 ERA as Opening Day starter for the Dodgers.

With the Braves, he'd gone 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA before this year, including a game in which he gave up 5 ER in 6 IP but the team won 16-5.
        I guess I forgot about last year because of Heyward's bomb. He was great in 2009 on opening day. Didn't really follow him with the Dodgers that much. And in his career Livan has gotten lit up by the Braves. Go figure, I am full of crap, but I completely believed both before learning otherwise.

Comment

Lowe went 0-3 with an 8.44 ERA as Opening Day starter for the Dodgers.

With the Braves, he'd gone 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA before this year, including a game in which he gave up 5 ER in 6 IP but the team won 16-5.
          Yeah, I giving caverbird a pass due to opening day excitement.

Someone in our NL league kept Lowe at $11. I think he will live to regret that decision.

Comment

A walk off 3-run HR for Ramon Hernandez!!!! Wow!
            Last edited by Piney Boy; 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              A walk off Grand Salami for Ramon Hernandez!!!! Wow!
              Another Opening day excitement... but it was a 3 run hr.

Comment

Zito starts the season by getting into a car accident. Ooof!

Comment

Yeah. Guess I assummed it was a grandslam since I clicked off the game in MLB Gameday when it was 6-3 and looked back and saw it was 7-6. I only noticed the HR. Still I have Axford in my main roto league. Ouch!
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Axford is certainly making me think about keeping both Braddock at $5 and Saito at $4...

- Mike
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Yeah, I giving caverbird a pass due to opening day excitement.

Someone in our NL league kept Lowe at $11. I think he will live to regret that decision.
                      I think that he earns that 11 bucks with ease...he's just not a sexy player, but he's consistent as hell. He's had at least 32 starts 9 years in a row, and never won less than 12 games in a season in that span, averaging roughly 15-16 wins a year.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

that Jeff Mathis - i had him for a buck last year & didn't keep him ... who knew?
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          I think that he earns that 11 bucks with ease...he's just not a sexy player, but he's consistent as hell. He's had at least 32 starts 9 years in a row, and never won less than 12 games in a season in that span, averaging roughly 15-16 wins a year.
                          I don't like his 2009 era or whip. I am luke warm on his 2010 era and whip. He will be 38 in June. Just can't help but think he is fading.

But hey that is why we play the game. He tried to trade him, no one bit. He kept him. I am glad....Today so is he.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            Axford is certainly making me think about keeping both Braddock at $5 and Saito at $4...

- Mike
                            That really hurt, 1st day out and all. Man.

Comment

Cameron Maybin left the game injured after coming up lame running the bases. Ced Hunter pinch-ran for him and scored

Comment

Pujols hits into 3 Double Plays in one game for the first time evah!
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X