Max Scherzer Aug 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Scherzer Aug 14

It's not a perfect game because he gave up a double to Marte, but through two innings he has six strikeouts and 12 swinging strikes.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Nd yet he somehow has pitched 60 pitches through 3 innings.

Comment

And through 4, it is Liriano with the no-no. He has really turned it around after a rough start.

Comment

scherzer with 11 Ks through 5, on 78 pitches. great pitcher's duel...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Wow, he made it to 8 innings. I really hope they don't send him out for the 9th though. He is over 120 pitches. But I could see him want to get the CGSHO.

Comment

lazy bastard stopped striking guys out and started pitching to contact though.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

also, only semi-related, but Mike Fiers has 8 strikeouts through four. Go Cubs?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                lazy bastard stopped striking guys out and started pitching to contact though.
                I'll take 14 Ks in 8 innings

Comment

Hello Mike Fiers. Then again, it's the Cubs.

Comment

jeeeeez. Fiers with 14 through six after striking out the side in the fifth and sixth innings.

Comment

Working...
                    X