Replacement SPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement SPs

With Darvish and Bailey to the DL, I need some replacements. I can gain 4-5 points in Ws because we are bunched so tight (69, 68, 65, 64, 64, 63, 63, 63). On the flip side, I have 3 teams trailing me closely in ERA (3.448, 3.474, 3.476, 3.496). I'm 1st in Ks but my lead has shrunk to 23. So my priority is getting a guy who won't blow up my ratios and hopefully get some Ws.

If anyone has insight on Bailey's injury and whether he's done for the year, that'd be helpful too since then I can just drop him and pick up two of these guys.

Here's who's available; who would you take and why? TIA

Jason Vargas
    Ryan Vogelsong
    Tsuyoshi Wada
    Jeremy Hellickson
    Mike Fiers
    Edinson Volquez

I could also roll with Neshek to protect my ratios and possibly vulture a win or two.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I probably would go with Vargas than Fiers.

I don't trust Wada and he may not help in wins.

Comment

Vargas
      Vogelsong
      Fiers
      Volquez

I would go with One of the SP's and Neshek for the reasons you stated. WHIP is so close and wins can be decided by, dare i say, luck.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

i thought bailey's injury was not season-ending. maybe that's just wishful thinking as i own him. he's been dealing with the neck issue all year, it's the elbow that's new, and in fact i thought it was potentially not even serious enough to land him on the DL. maybe we'll find out more in the coming days though.

i'd take a shot on hellickson or wada from your list.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Neshek and one of Fiers or Vogelsong.

Why? Neshek for ratio help, Fiers or Vogelsong because of wins. And Fiers with 8 k's in 4 ip today helps a bit.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            Neshek and one of Fiers or Vogelsong.

Why? Neshek for ratio help, Fiers or Vogelsong because of wins. And Fiers with 8 k's in 4 ip today helps a bit.
            So does 14 thur 6, wow!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Unless you have limited transactions I would try to stream some of these guys since most of them are pretty decent options. For me it's:

Hellickson
              Fiers
              Vargas
              Wada
              Vogelsong
              Volquez

Comment

Don't follow AL much, but NL group: Fiers, Vogelsong, Wada, Volquez

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  So does 14 thur 6, wow!
                  cough....cough...see post #2...cough

Comment

As I suspected, Fiers attracted a large bid of $11 and Hellickson went for $5. I ended up with Vargas and Wada for $2 each. They both have two starts this week so I'm ok with that result.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                    X