Keep a $40 Holliday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep a $40 Holliday?

So got a preliminary freeze list last night and a lot of guys are being protected, more than usual. This is a 10-team, 4x4 NL league, and Holliday is basically the top talent available according to my rankings. The Top 10 as I see it:

Holliday
    Wright
    Kemp
    Fielder
    Howard
    Pence
    Upton
    Phillips
    Uggla
    Mccann

Next guy would be Carlos Lee, so it starts getting ugly fast. I would prefer to spend that money on Wright, but here's no guarantee I get him. Pujols was kept at $49, but otherwise, nobody else in the 40s...Tulo's being kept a t $36, and CARGO is the highest OF being kept at $20. So suck it up and keep Holliday, or chase one of Wright/Fielder/Howard at auction?

ETA: Sorry, wrong forum!!
    Last edited by Simon; 03-31-2011, 08:14 AM.

I bet he goes for 45ish 10 team NL 4x4 at my auction on Friday.

Comment

Lock in cost certainty at 40 as long as he doesnt bump a good keeper.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Lock in cost certainty at 40 as long as he doesnt bump a good keeper.
        Not bumping anyone except maybe a $2 Gregerson, but I rather prospect for saves.

Comment

I don't know what kind of inflation rate you will be looking at, but I would keep him on the best player available theory. I kept him at $33 in one of my leagues, and I'm glad I did, as the top 15 or so OFs wound up being frozen.

Comment

I have him valued at $36 for 10 team NL 5x5, so with even moderate inflation, I'd keep him at 40.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I have him valued at $36 for 10 team NL 5x5, so with even moderate inflation, I'd keep him at 40.
              I did!

Comment

Wow, I am soooooooooooooooooooo Fuc@ed!

Comment

How did you get a preliminary freeze list, anyway?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    How did you get a preliminary freeze list, anyway?
                    Not following...our list was due yesterday night, and I kept him, that's all. Our auction is tomorrow. But so far the news sounds postive, under the circumstances. He could be back sooner rather than later.

Comment

2-4 weeks, possibly sooner. All Holliday owners may now step back from the ledge.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        2-4 weeks, possibly sooner. All Holliday owners may now step back from the ledge.
                        Apparently Torres came back after 2 weeks from the same procedure. EXHALE
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Sad to say that the guy in my main league who always has the worst luck with injuries and "Tomkos" (that is, pitching performances like the one Carmona put up yesterday) owns Holliday this year. So don't count your blessings just yet!

He also owns Josh Hamilton, in case you're nervous about the injury/illness history there.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Supposedly he will be back this weekend, or possibly next week. I paid $49 for him in my 12 team OBP NL-only league last weekend (the top hitters were approaching 75% - 80% inflation), so I am breathing a sigh of relief.
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                            X