2K14: Byron Buxton, OF, MIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14: Byron Buxton, OF, MIN

Buxton just collided with another outfielder and was motionless on the ground for upwards of 10 minutes. He was just taken off the field in an ambulance.

Man, what a rough year for Buxton. Obviously the first concern is that he's okay, but for us fantasy owners it's also worrisome that he's lost so much development time this year.

Comment

ouch.

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

"Only" a concussion. 7 day DL.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Kid never should have been move to AA ball...he's missed too much of the season to warrant any type of a promotion. I like what the Cubs do...let the kids succeed at each level before you promote them, that's what the Twins should have done with Buxton.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

He tore up A+ ball last year--.887 OPS in a pitchers park. They may have been waiting til he was fully healthy.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              He tore up A+ ball last year--.887 OPS in a pitchers park. They may have been waiting til he was fully healthy.

J
              In roughly 250 AB...4 HR's and 22 RBI's aren't exactly tearing it up, IMO. This year he had a .713 OPS in the same park...simply not ready to move up yet. I like what the Cubs are doing, dominate a level, and then move up. Buxton did it in Low A...but not high A.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Major hand injury and hasn't been fully healthy in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  In roughly 250 AB...4 HR's and 22 RBI's aren't exactly tearing it up, IMO. This year he had a .713 OPS in the same park...simply not ready to move up yet. I like what the Cubs are doing, dominate a level, and then move up. Buxton did it in Low A...but not high A.
                  That is A+. He had an OPS of .990 in low A. Also, don't forget the 23 SB.

As noted, the ahnd injury has been slow healing.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    That is A+. He had an OPS of .990 in low A. Also, don't forget the 23 SB.

As noted, the ahnd injury has been slow healing.

J
                    Yup, he dominated low A, and deserved to be promoted...he did NOT dominate high A, which was why he started there again this year, and did nothing to deserve promotion to AA ball. Steals are essentially irrelevant to his hitting, like Hamilton, you either have the speed or you don't, speed plays at any level.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                    X