Somebody stop me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody stop me!

Lost Josh Beckett to injury in my 11-team NL-only and decided to pick up Edwin Jackson for a spot start. He did okay and I was planning on dropping him to make room for Lackey (who I just traded for) but noticed that he's done well against his next 2 opponents:

vs. Mil on 5/17 - 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 11 K (!)
    @ SF on 5/29 - 5 1/3 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 9 K

Surprisingly, he got rocked in between those two starts by the Padres of all teams. Strikeouts and wins are tight right now and I've got a decent lead in both ERA and WHIP. Other options to be dropped are Vic Black (long-shot keeper at $5 but would give me a little more room under the salary cap) and Pat Neshek (ridiculous ratios right now, getting the occasional win, nice K rate). Am I putting too much stock in games that were played almost 3 months ago? The race to the finish is going to be tight so I'm sweating every decision.

I would never touch Edwin Jackson, but he does have the capability to throw some decent games. He is just one of those "crapshoot" pitchers that you close your eyes and jump on in with...Like I said i would never want my season decided by Edwin Jackson..
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Any idea who the opposing pitchers will be? He does have a fairly respectable FIP/xFIP and decent strikeouts... depending on the Cubs to get you wins is always dubious of course.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Michael Fiers and Ryan Vogelsong. Problem with the Giants start is that I wouldn't be able to drop him until the next week so I'd get his start against the Orioles as well

Comment

Just say no.

Comment

Working...
          X