Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the 2014 AL Cy Young Winner?

pick 'em
    Felix Hernandez (12-3, 1.97, 0.88, 186 Ks)
    0%
    Chris Sale (10-2, 2.14, 0.89, 138 Ks)
    0%
    Jon Lester (12-7, 2.44, 1.10, 160 Ks)
    0%
    Corey Kluber (13-6, 2.46, 1.07, 187 Ks)
    0%
    Garrett Richards (12-4, 2.54, 1.02, 157 Ks)
    0%
    Other
    0%

The poll is expired.

no brainer for Felix IMO, though I gotta say that when I looked at the numbers on the weekend I was completed shocked to see that Kluber deserved to be on the list ... but no question, he does ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

On the smackboard in my league, I tell every team I play they are about to be Klubered, and they always are.

But it is Felix. Luckily I have them both, and Lester. Felix is my best, but Kluber is my favorite.

Comment

This race has gotten very tight:

Felix Hernandez: 14-6, 2.34, 0.936, 241 Ks, 5.24 K/BB
        Chris Sale: 12-4, 2.20, 0.958, 198 Ks, 5.50 K/BB
        Corey Kluber: 17-9, 2.53, 1.102, 258 Ks, 5.27 K/BB

Also:
        Jon Lester: 16-10, 2.41, 1.100, 213 Ks, 4.44 K/BB

Obviously Richards went down, and I think Lester is getting distanced, but you could make a case for any of the other three.

Comment

Felix still has the best numbers, but I am not sure if that is true with park effects and defense or factored in. Following these guys all year, I think kluber may have just taken the lead with a string of dominant, k heavy starts and Felix getting rocked in his last game. I think the race is between those two at this point, although Sale deserves to be in the conversation with his remarkable numbers in a hitters park.

Comment

Announcement tomorrow, and I really have my fingers crossed for Kluber. It's going to be stupid close.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Kluber wins!

Comment

Kluber gets 17 1st place votes, 11 2nd place, 2 3rd place. Felix gets 13 1st place, 17 2nd place. Total points were 169 for Kluber, 159 for Felix.

Comment

Woot! One of the two.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X