Rate for Realness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate for Realness

As usual, I spent a lot of coin on some read duds this year--thanks David Wright, Chris Davis, Eric Hosmer, Shin Soo Choo, and Jean Segura! But despite these errors in spending, I am in first place because of some really cheap studs I picked up (and because my pitching has carried me all year). Since I bet a lot of folks will have some interesting decisions about who to keep and extend with some of these names, I thought it would be interesting to get some collective opinions on them, and maybe a 1-10 realness rating where 1 is run away, this chump is fool's gold, and 10 is this is is totally for real, expect similar or better production next year. Context: 16 team mixed league, 15 keepers, $400 cap.

Corey Kluber $7--due for an extension. I know many here never extend SPs no matter what, but he has be so studly for me this year, I want to extend him. SPs can get hurt, but that aside, how real do you think it is? Do you think he is legit enough to give an extra year with such a high cap and so many keepers?

Michael Brantley $4--Thankfully, I gambled and did not keep him at $5 this off season. I snagged him for a $1 less in the late game. While he is obviously a no brainer keeper in my league, how real is this production? Should I try to trade him in the off season? He isn't well respected now in my league, but that would change in some major pubs fall in love with him.

Sean Dootlitle $5--A great waiver wire pick up, but I have 4 legit closers, and it will be smart to trade a couple of them in the offseason. I have Holland, Jansen, Dootlittle, and McGee. Holland and Jansen are pricier but safer, and still at good value in the teens for next year. Is Dootlittle safe enough to keep if I can get a lot more for Holland or Jansen?

Jake McGee $5--My team has dominated pitching to an insane degree, and my closer quartet is a big part of that. McGee doesn't seem totally locked in to the role, even as he continues to dominate. TB just put him in the 8th and let Box blow the game in the 9th. So, should I try to move him, or keep him and move the bigger name closers for more? How real is Mcgee as a closer for next year and beyond?

Jesse Hahn $5--Another waiver wire claim that has worked out in a SSS. He seems to have legit skills to me, but am I fooling myself? I know he is an injury risk, but is his talent for real? Is he worth holding on to, or is he another guy to consider selling high on (not that anyone in my league is really high on him now)?

Kluber, Brantley, Doolittle & McGee -- all real.

Hahn - not sure.

Comment

i think all of them are real. if i had to, i'd probably rank them roughly in the order you list them, but they're all bargains at those prices.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
      X