Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pay more than $1 for a library card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pay more than $1 for a library card?

Well, wouldja?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Depends on how much copies are at the library.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

And if they have a janitor or not...don't want no dirty books. Wait a minute...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

In the future, you will be able to buy a librarian for $1.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Only if the people working there answer all of my income tax questions.

psssst: btw wrong forum
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

would you pay a janitor at a library $1? hmmmm?
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

We still have libraries with the internet and Amazon available...who knew :shrug:

Comment

Well, I wouldn't be in a "RUSH" to get one at that price.

Comment

It's all luck whether you have a good library or not, anyway, why pay more than a $1?
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Well, wouldja?
                    Whats a library card?

Comment

Well, wouldja?
                      So you are asking the Pen; Dewey think we want one?

Comment

I'd pay $1 for Carlos Gonzalez's library card.

Comment

I'm only asking because my sister is having a financial crisis and her library card has racked up so many late fees that the city has sent a collection agency after her. Even though she's my sister I can't stand her because she's always dragging me into her problems without telling me the whole story until I've already been sucked into her web of deceit. So I really wouldn't actually just be buying the card but assuming her debt. For all I know it's double the amount she claims to owe. She of course swears she will pay me back, but I don't really believe her, especially since she still owes me $300 that she borrowed from me after her car got towed last year. So, if it was your sister, would you let her clean up her own mess or would you help her? How many chances does she deserve? Would it matter if it was your older versus younger sister?
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm only asking because my sister is having a financial crisis and her library card has racked up so many late fees that the city has sent a collection agency after her. Even though she's my sister I can't stand her because she's always dragging me into her problems without telling me the whole story until I've already been sucked into her web of deceit. So I really wouldn't actually just be buying the card but assuming her debt. For all I know it's double the amount she claims to owe. She of course swears she will pay me back, but I don't really believe her, especially since she still owes me $300 that she borrowed from me after her car got towed last year. So, if it was your sister, would you let her clean up her own mess or would you help her? How many chances does she deserve? Would it matter if it was your older versus younger sister?
                            First off, the only way I'd guess someone racks up huge library fines is if they either rent a lot of videos ($1 a day late fees for those vs a dime a day for books) or if she has lost/destroyed books. Regardless of the sibling order, if she already owed me 300, I'd probably take care of up to $200 more, then tell her that she's cut off and needs to deal with her own drama, but I'm harsh like that, in that I hate being owed money.

On the overall library question, I'd pay $100 a year easy for my current library access without a thought.
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

i'd pay $1 to the mods to have this thread moved to the sports bar. (hint, hint, revo and MJ! )
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X