Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you pay more than $1 for CarGo in 2015??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you pay more than $1 for CarGo in 2015??

Sure I'd pay $1 for him...any more than that I don't know

Will anyone still believe this dude is a top 10 or even top 20 player STAT-WISE next year?

He hasn't even been decent when he has played this season.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Yes..

Comment

Of course, trolling question.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Of course, trolling question.
        Yeah yeah

How much would you pay for him?
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

$15.....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

depends on whether he gets healthy or not. he's been hurt (finger, knee, ankle) all year.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I am not sure on the exact number, but I tell you one OFer I'd pay more for that no one would have predicted to begin the season--Michael Brantley. I snagged him cheap in my auction, and I've enjoyed his production all year. He gets zero respect in my league even now, and I'd bet a lot of folks will think he is a going to turn back into a pumpkin next year and pay a good bit more for Cargo, but I wouldn't. Sure, MB is having a career year, and sure he won't be this good next year, but I think he has taken a legit step forward and will be good again next year. He likely won't be as productive on a per game basis as Cargo, but he is also much more likely to play a lot more games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Sure I'd pay $1 for him...any more than that I don't know

Will anyone still believe this dude is a top 10 or even top 20 player STAT-WISE next year?

He hasn't even been decent when he has played this season.
                What did Votto go for this year? What about Hanley? There will be no true discount on Cargo. Maybe a couple of bucks. In a 12 team only someone will take the gamble. He was back in the auction this year and went for $48. He will be back in the pool. If he comes in healthy next year he will go $40+.

Comment

Back on the DL....he's killed my season. One thing's for sure, I shouldn't have paid more than $1 for him in 2014!

Comment

He was kept at $48 in my league and that team is currently in 2nd behind me (also has Harper).

I've never had nor will I ever have Cargo on my team because he's on my DND list because of injuries. Tulo is also on this list. I'm ok with gambling on injury-prone players like Cuddyer (to stay with the Rockies theme), but no way would I ever shell out stud money on such a gamble.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      He was kept at $48 in my league and that team is currently in 2nd behind me (also has Harper).

I've never had nor will I ever have Cargo on my team because he's on my DND list because of injuries. Tulo is also on this list. I'm ok with gambling on injury-prone players like Cuddyer (to stay with the Rockies theme), but no way would I ever shell out stud money on such a gamble.
                      Yeah, I'm with you. Cargo and Tulo are so enticing though. I push them up every year, but thankfully, someone else always wants to gamble more than I do on players like that. I'd put Hanley in that group at this point too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Yeah, I'm with you. Cargo and Tulo are so enticing though. I push them up every year, but thankfully, someone else always wants to gamble more than I do on players like that. I'd put Hanley in that group at this point too.
                        Yep, I've never had Hanley either.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

got burned by hanley this year. once burned, twice shy, definitely...
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post

I've never had nor will I ever have Cargo on my team because he's on my DND list because of injuries.
                            The DND list is the most important list to have on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                              The DND list is the most important list to have on draft day.
                              So right you are!!! It's so sweet when someone pays big money for a player on my DND list!!

Comment

Working...
                              X