Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Keeper Question

AL only 5x5 league

Who is a better keeper heading into 2015? Alicides Escobar-6, Rougned Odor-6 or Joakim Soria-9

Do you have to keep any of them? Alcides's season is a BABIP luck fueled mirage; he is what he has been previously; 20 SB's, iffy average, no power, low counting stats. Odor doesn't have a job next year as far as I can tell, and Soria is unlikely to be closing. I don't see any of them worth those prices unless the league is deep enough that any starter costs $6 or more, in which case Escobar at least should have a job.

Comment

I guess I'd go with Alcides as an unsexy keeper at a thin position who will help in steals. Soria may end up closing in Detroit next year if the Tigers don't pick up Nathan's $10M option but I'm guessing they do and keep Soria around as a setup guy. Odor is a nice young player but not quite ready to contribute to fantasy teams.

Comment

No, I don't have to keep any of them, but I was looking to unload Escobar for a potential keeper next year from an owner who needs SB. But, if Escobar is the 'best' of the bunch, then I'll just hold on to him and evaluate next March.

Comment

I believe Odor has passed Profar on the depth chart and has a job coming into 2015, I also believe Texas will be trying to move Andrus once they know Profar is healthy. I think Soria will likely be closing somewhere, as he is a free agent at season's end it may be in the NL----$9 is a bit steep for that risk.

I don't see Escobar repeating.

IMO Odor is the one I'd gamble on.
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
            I believe Odor has passed Profar on the depth chart and has a job coming into 2015, I also believe Texas will be trying to move Andrus once they know Profar is healthy. I think Soria will likely be closing somewhere, as he is a free agent at season's end it may be in the NL----$9 is a bit steep for that risk.
            He would only be a potential keeper as I would not have to post keepers until next March. I have to assume we would know something by then AND, if we happen to draft before he may go to the NL, I get to keep him and his stats from the NL. If he goes to the NL before then, then all I lost is a $6 Escobar.

I also have Profar...he'd be a $15 keeper, if I chose to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post

I don't see Escobar repeating.

IMO Odor is the one I'd gamble on.
              On what basis do you think that Odor has passed Profar on the depth chart? And how is Texas going to move Andrus's contract? I just don't see that. Soria is a crapshoot.

Comment

Working...
              X