Revere or Young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revere or Young?

NL only 5x5 $260 budget. Who would you rather have for next year? Ben Revere at $22 or Eric Young at $9. They both can be extended at $5 per year, but I wouldn't do that for either one of them.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    NL only 5x5 $260 budget. Who would you rather have for next year? Ben Revere at $22 or Eric Young at $9. They to n both can be extended at $5 per year, but I wouldn't do that for either one of them.
    Revere seems to be the better player for fantasy purposes. But that is a big difference in price. I would spend the extra money on the surer player.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks Mith. I was kind of thinking that myself.

13 bucks is a lot of money. We are a deep league and do have part time players on the rosters. Young does seem to give some of the best production for the money. On the other hand Revere could still get better and gives everyday stats.

This is a tough one for me. I guess that is why I posted it.

Anyone else care to chime in? I need to get back to the other owner today.

Thanks.

Comment

Young if you're sure he has a starting job next season.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

At this point Revere is safer, but does he really produce any profit at $22? If it is deep enough and prices are inflated enough, then go for him. I wouldn't trust Young to have enough playing time to be helpful.

Comment

The worrisome thing about Young is that even with a crappy outfield he still hasn't gotten a ton of playing time. I doubt the Mets will cut him anytime soon, but I wouldn't expect more than 200 at-bats so he will truly only help you in SBs.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

I like 30 sbs for 9 bucks in our league. I just don't trust the playing time.

After reading your input, I passed on the offer.

Comment

Working...
              X