Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Choo for Jansen, Benoit and Revere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Choo for Jansen, Benoit and Revere?

10 –team 5x5 mixed redraft. I was offered Jansen, Benoit and Revere for Choo. I think it favors me, but still wonder if I should do it because of my position in the standings. I’m 15 SB from gaining a point, so Revere won’t make up that diff by himself. But he would help me hold off the guy behind me because he’s the one trading him. I’m not using Choo now anyway, so Revere would probably replace A Jax.

Biggest concern is pitching. I’ve been using only 2 RPs and keeping a solid core of 7 SPs that over the last month have been lowering my WHIP/ERA plus getting Ws and Ks. I’ve gained 6 pts in Wins and am only 2 Ws from the top spot. I'm also closing in on more gains in WHIP, ERA and Ks. Benoit and Jansen will help my SVs - I have 45 and the 3 ahead of me have 51, 55, 58, so I may be able to gain 3 points, but that's going to cost me by taking away from my SP stats.

Would you make this trade? Here's my roster:

C - Santana, Montero
    1B - Goldschmidt
    2B - Pedroia
    3B - Headley
    SS - A Escobar
    CO - Rizzo
    MI - Zobrist
    OF - Rios, A Jones, Brantley, A Jackson, R Davis
    UT - K Davis
    BN - Zimmerman, Choo

P - Sale, Sanchez, Cobb, Fister, Odorizzi, Lohse, Quintana, C Allen, Robertson
    BN - Dickey, Garza, McCarthy, Young

Originally posted by Boomer7 View Post
    I’m not using Choo now anyway, so Revere would probably replace A Jax.
    Choo has stunk it up this season anyway. Revere's not a huge downgrade from Choo, at least this year, and either one might be on your bench anyway. Do the deal.

Comment

Choo is nothing more than big-name junk at this point. I agree, do the trade.

Comment

This is a no-brainer.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'd do it. Revere will so more than Choo and Davis should get more AB going forward, providing more SBs. I agree it's a no-brainer.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Unless Choo is $1 and the other guys are unkeepable then you do this trade as fast as you can click accept. Why would he give up all that just for Choo?!?!

Comment

Working...
            X