• Show
Clear All

• Price to Tigers in 3-way deal

Guess this deserves its own thread

Heyman says:

Price to DET
    Austin Jackson to SEA
    Smyly and Nick Franklin to TB

Cut to Collette in his garage, attaching a garden hose to his tailpipe. Jeez....the Rays got fleeced, right? Smyly and Franklin? That's IT?
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

Don't forget low-A shortstop Willy Adames!

Comment

thats pretty sad
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

The following is why I love that I/we play roto baseball and generally know about 1,000,000,000x more about baseball and how things work than the average yahoo: a rampant, blind homer Red Sox fan pal of mine shrieked (on Facebook), "Why couldn't WE have gotten David Price?!?! Just traded Lester for him, lefty for lefty?!?!?!"

Sigh.

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

"I think I may have found a way for us to get Bonds and Griffey, and we wouldn't have to give up that much!" - George Costanza

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
              The following is why I love that I/we play roto baseball and generally know about 1,000,000,000x more about baseball and how things work than the average yahoo: a rampant, blind homer Red Sox fan pal of mine shrieked (on Facebook), "Why couldn't WE have gotten David Price?!?! Just traded Lester for him, lefty for lefty?!?!?!"

Sigh.
              Well, he's got a point...apparently the Sox could have gotten him for a LOT less than Lester.

What a horrible haul when you consider what the Cubs got for Shark...

Now who plays CF for the Tigers? Davis? Or does Torii slide back over there?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Have to think it's Rajai since he played CF after they yanked Jackson today.

Comment

And what happens to Jackson in Seattle? Some were predicting he'd finish second in Runs to Trout in the 2nd half, after having been moved to the leadoff spot again. Now...not so much. Does he platoon with James Jones? Saunders is coming back, there's Denorfia, Ackley....motley crew.

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

seattle is crowded all over the place. hart has been in the OF mix as well, with kendrys and morrison at 1B and DH. and now the OF gets more crowded. i think he almost has to platoon with jones/ackley in some combination. the m's are like the a's-lite with their mix-and-match roster now.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I love how quickly we revise history in social media...now, according to Jason Stark, Willy Adames is comparable to Elvis Andrus, but with a better bat. If that were true, I think that we'd have all heard about him before now...

Retweeted by John Manuel
                      Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 43m
                      Continue to hear good things on Willy Adames, the SS prospect #Rays got in Price deal. One exec comped him to Elvis Andrus w much better bat
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        And what happens to Jackson in Seattle? Some were predicting he'd finish second in Runs to Trout in the 2nd half, after having been moved to the leadoff spot again. Now...not so much. Does he platoon with James Jones? Saunders is coming back, there's Denorfia, Ackley....motley crew.
                        I don't know yet, but here's my best guess for Seattle...

- Jackson will play full-time in center for the M's. This one I'm damned sure about. There's no chance he gets platooned with anyone.
                        - Denorfia will platoon with Endy in RF for the moment.
                        - James Jones will go back to the minors and get some reps in Triple-A (where he belongs).
                        - Stephen Romero will also be demoted because he sucks even worse.
                        - Hart may end up platooning with Ackley in LF
                        - The M's will probably hold onto Endy Chavez for the moment, and he will probably platoon with Denorfia in RF.
                        - Once Michael Saunders comes back (it sounds like he's a couple weeks away), he gets the full-time gig in RF, and then they probably DFA Endy Chavez and platoon Denorfia with Ackley.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                          I don't know yet, but here's my best guess for Seattle...

- Jackson will play full-time in center for the M's. This one I'm damned sure about. There's no chance he gets platooned with anyone.
                          - Denorfia will platoon with Endy in RF for the moment.
                          - James Jones will go back to the minors and get some reps in Triple-A (where he belongs).
                          - Stephen Romero will also be demoted because he sucks even worse.
                          - Hart may end up platooning with Ackley in LF
                          - The M's will probably hold onto Endy Chavez for the moment, and he will probably platoon with Denorfia in RF.
                          - Once Michael Saunders comes back (it sounds like he's a couple weeks away), he gets the full-time gig in RF, and then they probably DFA Endy Chavez and platoon Denorfia with Ackley.
                          Radio post-game show said about the same .... Romero will be sent down and it's almost positive that Jones will get sent down, too. With Saunders almost ready and James Paxton to be activated, there are more moves the M's will make in the coming days.
                          "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                          "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                          WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                          PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Per detroit.cbslocal.com:

"Here is where Dave Dombrowski trumped the A’s GM Billy Beane. According to the Oakland A’s beat writer for MLB.com, Jane Lee, Dombrowski texted Beane saying, “you have one minute to acquire Chris Sale.”

If this is true, it is spectacular.
                            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Good that AJax will likely get full-time starts, but I can't get excited about his prospects now that he's traded hitting in front of Kinsler, Miggy, VMart, Hunter & JD Martinez for Taylor, Cano, Morales, Seager & Zunino.

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                              X