Trout ---lack of SB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout ---lack of SB's

Has anyone found a reason that he isn't stealing bases this season? He hasn't attempted a stolen base since June 24th! That is insane....
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

way too important middle of the order bat to take a chance getting hurt while stealing?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      way too important middle of the order bat to take a chance getting hurt while stealing?
      He hits second, but i know what you mean and it makes little sense. Are the odds on getting hurt stealing that great that the premier base stealer over the last two seasons just quits running?

If he has indeed quit running he is no longer heads and tails the best fantasy player. Oh he is still top 2 or 3, but the SB's are what separated him from the pack.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

He's has bulked up recently and is getting older. This is the general trend for ridiculously good but athletic hitters. They start with a bunch of steals, but the steals dry up really quickly when it becomes silly to risk injury on the basepaths for the marginal gain of an SB attempt. On top of that, the hitters behind him are hitting pretty well this year, so there is less need to steal. If he is no longer heads and tails the best fantasy player, who is in the conversation with him?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          He's has bulked up recently and is getting older. This is the general trend for ridiculously good but athletic hitters. They start with a bunch of steals, but the steals dry up really quickly when it becomes silly to risk injury on the basepaths for the marginal gain of an SB attempt. On top of that, the hitters behind him are hitting pretty well this year, so there is less need to steal. If he is no longer heads and tails the best fantasy player, who is in the conversation with him?
          Miggy...Goldy..Cutch..maybe EE..Stanton..Tulo...

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Older? Yeah, um, I think fishboy is about 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Has anyone found a reason that he isn't stealing bases this season? He hasn't attempted a stolen base since June 24th! That is insane....
              Going back to last season, Pujols has said that he does not like anyone running while he is at the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                Going back to last season, Pujols has said that he does not like anyone running while he is at the plate.
                I have read that numerous times but i am not sure if it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                  Older? Yeah, um, I think fishboy is about 22.
                  Yes, he is getting older at the same rate as everyone else on this planet. One day per day. Stupid space/time continuum, can't do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X