Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad player picture

Matt Purke.jpg

Is there any uglier "mug shot" from this year than Matt Purke's (Nationals). Seriously "cringe worthy."
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

In a related note...

Over the last several years, I've attended a good number of Giants games and I SWEAR that they have someone on staff who photoshops slightly the photos of opposing players for the big screen If a guy has a big nose, it looks just a little bigger. If his eyes are set close, they look closer. If his ears stick out a bit, they stick out a little more. I noticed this some years ago when I took a date to the game who knew little about baseball, but she noted how goofy looking the visiting Pirates were. I never really thought of them being particularly ugly (other than on the field). I have been watching carefully since then, and pointed it out to others who agree that something looks fudged. Last game, a pal on his smartphone looked up the many of the original photos and they did look just a tiny bit different, a tiny bit more silly. It surprises me that someone would spend the time to do this, but it's pretty damn funny. I wonder if it happens at other parks. Or maybe my homerism is clouding my vision.

I can't explain Matt Purke.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      In a related note...

I can't explain Matt Purke.
      Simple.......not in need of Frisco Photoshop....
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
      X