Opinions on 10-team, NL-only trade offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on 10-team, NL-only trade offer

Looking for opinions on this deal in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5 league. Offered Wacha for KRod and Roark. Have pieced together best staff in league with Hamels, Arrieta, Roark, de Grom, Colon, Ramirez (just sent down to rest), Benoit, KRod and Kimbrel, with Cashner on the DL and Cingrani and Syndegaard in my minors.

Thanks to staff have risen from cellar to fifth. But offense still a work in progress: Cs-- Ellis, Castillo; 1B/3B/CI-- Duval, Johnson, Solarte; 2B/SS/MI--Gennett, Simmons, LaStella; OFs---Stanton, Kemp, Holliday, Heyward, Revere;UT--Schierholtz.

Should I make this deal or counter? Suggestions?

keeper league?

i think you need more offense

Comment

Didn't feel like spending any money on infielders huh?

I'm assuming it's a keeper since the other guy's getting a banged up Wacha. Will that extra pitching bump you up that much? Assuming Wacha is at a good keeper price it would seem like you could get a couple solid hitters for him.

Comment

I think you have it backwards. He's getting a banged up Wacha. I am not sure what the point of this is unless the idea is that you can resell Wacha for more or that you're starting to collect prospects because your staff is so far beyond what it needs to be to keep first in the SP categories. I don't get it.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Whoops, thought he meant he offered Wacha. Not sure what the point of the trade is then.

Comment

I think you could get significantly more back in return than Wacha for those two pitchers. I would focus more on your offense.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
            X