Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrys Morales Traded to SEA

for Stephen Pryor.

So the Twins gave Morales $3M to get in shape for the Mariners, who gave up a serviceable arm for a guy that has not looked good at the plate. #6org

Comment

The M's are collecting 1b/DH types like no other organization this year .... Smoak (wait, he's back in AAA again), LoMo, Hart, Montero, and now Morales. What a collection of spare parts. The Mariners are in desperate need of a hitter .... or five; thus, the promotion of Chris Taylor today as well. It was a small price to pay for the hope to give the offense a boost.
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        So the Twins gave Morales $3M to get in shape for the Mariners, who gave up a serviceable arm for a guy that has not looked good at the plate. #6org
        Pryor hasn't been serviceable for a good long while now.

Honestly, I like this deal for the M's. They need offense, and this was essentially no-risk for them as Pryor has been hurt and has looked awful for a couple of years now. I certainly want them to do more, but adding Morales and hoping he returns to 2013 levels of production at the cost of a broken relief arm is a no-brainer. Good move for the M's, and I hope they're not done. They need an outfielder or three at this point and maybe a starting pitcher, too. Here's hoping they go strong after Ruggiano and maybe Colon.

Comment

Working...
        X