Pitcher for the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher for the future

Mailing it in this season, I'm looking to pick up a pitcher off the waiver wire in my keeper league for the future. He'll have a salary of $1, increasing $2 each year for the next 5-6 years, or so.

Who's the best to grab?

Carlos Martinez
    Mark Appel
    Drew Hutchison
    Robert Stephenson

Or at this level, can you think of others that might be a better grab?
    Last edited by Pogues; 07-25-2014, 03:03 PM.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Hutchison impressed me this season....

Comment

Hutchison or Martinez. Is Bundy out there? Paxton?

Comment

I think Hutchison could be ok next year but for this year I'm not expecting much more from him.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Bundy and Paxton are both on teams, unfortunately.

On another topic, is Mookie Betts worth grabbing in a dump trade? What does the pen think of his potential value?
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            Bundy and Paxton are both on teams, unfortunately.

On another topic, is Mookie Betts worth grabbing in a dump trade? What does the pen think of his potential value?
            awesome potential. Just needs a place to play.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I like Martinez best out of the list of pitchers you provided.

Yes, I think Betts is worth trading for if you think he has a place in the outfield on the big league squad. He's been an on base machine in the minors during his short career. His low OBP (.278) in his cup of tea with Boston could be attributed to 1) low sample size (34 ABs) and 2) he was playing out of position. You know he won't play 2b in the majors.

How much would you have to give up to pick him up?
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                I like Martinez best out of the list of pitchers you provided.

Yes, I think Betts is worth trading for if you think he has a place in the outfield on the big league squad. He's been an on base machine in the minors during his short career. His low OBP (.278) in his cup of tea with Boston could be attributed to 1) low sample size (34 ABs) and 2) he was playing out of position. You know he won't play 2b in the majors.

How much would you have to give up to pick him up?
                Victor Martinez at $17 this year, $21 next year. His age and past catching duties scare me, a younger non-catcher with those numbers I'd keep next year. Him, not so sure I would.

Comment

Who's Mark Stephenson? Do you mean Robert Stephenson? If so, I think I take him and Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Who's Mark Stephenson? Do you mean Robert Stephenson? If so, I think I take him and Martinez.
                    Agreed ... if it's Robert Stephenson then I'd jump on him, too.
                    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      awesome potential. Just needs a place to play.
                      I agree. I targeted him when I dumped in the AL only earlier this year. They will find a way to get him Abs next year...I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Uhh...yeah...Robert. Not sure where Mark came from.

Comment

Working...
                        X