Soria traded to Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soria traded to Tigers

I was just hearing this on the game broadcast. Soria has a sweet contract position, so the Tigers are ponying up a 2013 1st round pick. Corey Knebel would be decent return. Jake Thompson is a solid AA pitching prospect to sweeten the deal.

Both are Texas HS products (Austin and Rockwall).

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 07-23-2014, 10:52 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out in the next couple of weeks. Do they continue to trot Nathan out there in hopes that somehow he figures it out and Soria becomes a solid set-up guy? Or do they slot Soria in the closer role and hope that Nathan might be better off as the 8th inning guy?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

also interesting in what they do with joba, as he's been pretty lights out in the 8th.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Nathan to remain the closer - https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/492152513638838273

Comment

I predict Soria out saves Nathan pretty handily from now until the end of 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              For the time being...
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Why would they keep Nathan as the closer when he's sucked at it? I suppose the Tigers value the 8th inning more than the 9th.

Comment

it will be interesting to see the first few games if they use Soria in the 8th in place of Joba, or use Joba in the 8th & keep Soria back in case Nathan gets into trouble in the 9th.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    it will be interesting to see the first few games if they use Soria in the 8th in place of Joba, or use Joba in the 8th & keep Soria back in case Nathan gets into trouble in the 9th.
                    Could you imagine, though, facing Joba in the 7th and Soria in the 8th? Wow. I agree with others in this thread, however, that Soria should replace Nathan.
                    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Nathan answers the bell for one game at least..K's the side..
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

According to CBS, Dombrowski says:

7th: Soria
                        8th: Joba
                        9th: Nathan

though Soria could spell the other 2 when they need a break. Give it a week before Soria is closing?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Soria in the 7th?!? That's a waste of talent.
                          "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                          "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                          WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                          PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                            Soria in the 7th?!? That's a waste of talent.
                            if Soria pitched the 9th and Nathan the 7th, dont we end up with roughly the same outcome depending on matchups?
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Neftali Feliz is the new Ranger's closer, as expected. He had his first save opportunity since game #6 in the 2011 World Series. That is one of the more famous blown saves in history.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X