Rank 'Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank 'Em

Looking to make a trade and have to send one of my high-priced hitters back to stay under the cap. HR/RBI/OBP are all very tight, not going to move in SB, 22 runs away from gaining 2 points.

Jason Heyward
    Mark Trumbo
    Jay Bruce

For the rest of this season only, who do you think will help me the least?

worst - Trumbo - he is still not quite right and the OBP might kill you the most
    then Heyward - just because the Braves dont score runs - even when they win

Comment

Pretty much with Swampy on this...I've never liked Trumbo, but he will fall into 10-15 HR's the rest of the way.
      Heyward...again, nothing against the player, much against the team.
      I think that Bruce will eventually wake up and start to contribute in all categories, including steals.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

wow, this is tough and I dont think I can give a very good answer except to say that if you think you can't move up or down in SB, I'd trade away the guy who gets lots of value from SB but less from HR/OBP. Trumbo looks bad right now but remember he went from LAA to ARI, thats a 17% swing in RH HR (-10 to +7). I wouldnt automatically assume he's the guy you dont want.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          wow, this is tough and I dont think I can give a very good answer except to say that if you think you can't move up or down in SB, I'd trade away the guy who gets lots of value from SB but less from HR/OBP. Trumbo looks bad right now but remember he went from LAA to ARI, thats a 17% swing in RH HR (-10 to +7). I wouldnt automatically assume he's the guy you dont want.
          His power early in the year was impressive but I've known all along that he wouldn't help in OBP. Heyward does a little of everything and should have the best OBP of the three although his steals won't help much (hitting 5th in that lineup is a goldmine for RBI though). Bruce is in a pretty bad slump but has been known to go on major tears so he's seemingly due.

Right now homers are 143/133/125/114/114/104/103/103/96/88/79 and OBP is .350/.337/.330/.323/.321/.320/.318/.317/.316/.315/.313 so there's a possibility of gaining up to 3.5 points in homers right now without much risk of losing any points (can't see the guy I'm tied with keeping up with me) while I could gain up to 2 points in OBP but also fall all the way to last if things go wrong.

I'm not used to breaking things down this specifically - is it better to favor the guy giving you the counting stat or the rate stat?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I'm not used to breaking things down this specifically - is it better to favor the guy giving you the counting stat or the rate stat?
            Not sure. Always seems to be easier to move in the counting cats for some reason...

I'm tempted to say keep the best OBP guys and just hope for the best in HR.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              His power early in the year was impressive but I've known all along that he wouldn't help in OBP. Heyward does a little of everything and should have the best OBP of the three although his steals won't help much (hitting 5th in that lineup is a goldmine for RBI though). Bruce is in a pretty bad slump but has been known to go on major tears so he's seemingly due.

Right now homers are 143/133/125/114/114/104/103/103/96/88/79 and OBP is .350/.337/.330/.323/.321/.320/.318/.317/.316/.315/.313 so there's a possibility of gaining up to 3.5 points in homers right now without much risk of losing any points (can't see the guy I'm tied with keeping up with me) while I could gain up to 2 points in OBP but also fall all the way to last if things go wrong.

Honestly, I don't think that you can take the potential OBP hit that Trumbo may give you...Heyward is the safest choice all around. I do still think that Bruce is due to go on a run, maybe a long one. So my take is to dump Trumbo...his power will be like a shiny object in trade talks...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Honestly, I don't think that you can take the potential OBP hit that Trumbo may give you...Heyward is the safest choice all around. I do still think that Bruce is due to go on a run, maybe a long one. So my take is to dump Trumbo...his power will be like a shiny object in trade talks...
                It sounds like the deal has been agreed upon but he has to move one of those bats simply to fit under the cap.

Comment

Well, it's all theoretical at this point

I offered Heyward/Trumbo/Bruce, Jesse Winker ($5/2F), Vic Black ($5/2), and Jace Peterson ($5/2) for Mesoraco ($1/0) and Bumgarner ($31/2)

and he came back with

Heyward and Black ($5/2) for Cliff Lee ($29/2) and D'Arnaud ($13/1)

With Lee being a big question mark right now I told him I'd keep an eye on Lee's next start and get back to him. I'm not giving up much keeper-wise but I need to make sure I'm getting a pitching upgrade if I'm going to take a hitting hit.

Comment

Working...
                  X