Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headley to Yankees

for Solarte and Rafael De Paula.

This probably frees up a starting spot for some terrible schmoe that you shouldn't think about. Or maybe they're just going to go with Solarte.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    for Solarte and Rafael De Paula.

This probably frees up a starting spot for some terrible schmoe that you shouldn't think about. Or maybe they're just going to go with Solarte.
    Gyorko has begun a rehab and is probably 2-3 weeks away from returning, at which point he'll be playing 3rd. Nelson has been doing a nice job at 2nd and will probably play out the season there until they give the job to Lindsey.

The Friars really missed the window to trade Headley and get anything more than a bag of resin for him. Hindsight being what it is, we could have traded him after 2012 for the moon.

Comment

Second trade this season the Yanks gave up cockamoogots to get a potentially decent regular.

Comment

I wish him well, but never really thought that highly of Headley. I think that's been pretty well documented here. Obviously getting out of Yellowstone and going to a, um, more hitter friendly environment will help. He's been pretty hot lately, so he might give them a pretty good spark.

His last 2 years have been pretty abysmal. I think there's a lot of beneath the surface injuries that have hampered him (as well as the documented ones). I don't think he's as bad as he's been since the beginning of '13, but I don't think he's anywhere near the player of that fluke year of 2012.

What we got back seems pretty Meh, but I wasn't expecting much. Although DePaula looks kinda interesting - http://www.pinstripealley.com/yankee...-jonathan-mayo - just falling outside the top 100 prospect list this year

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Second trade this season the Yanks gave up cockamoogots to get a potentially decent regular.
          Yup, as a Red Sox fan it always pains me to give props to Cashman, but he did a great job here...snagged Solarte for beans, flipped him for a badly needed upgrade at 3B (and that said upgrade is Mr. Chase Headley shows how hurtin' NYY were at 3B).
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
          IL: Buxton

Comment

So is Jace Peterson ever going to get another shot to play 3B?

Comment

JonHeymanCBS 2:09pm via Twitter Web Client

it is exactly $1M going from SD to yanks to complete headley deal
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                So is Jace Peterson ever going to get another shot to play 3B?
                He may get some spot playing time this year, but I don't think he's really in their long-term plans. I haven't seen enough of him to really make a determination of his abilities, but I think I had told someone here before that he's, basically, another Logan Forsythe-type. If he plays, it'll be out of necessity.

Comment

Cashman has had a fatal attraction thing going on with Headley forever; glad he was able to give up next to nothing to get him-- I was afraid he'd get talked into giving up something valuable when he inevitably pulled the trigger on a trade for him. That said, DePaula may someday be a decent bullpen option in San Diego. Always chuckle when the Yankees get cash from a small market team in a deal
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                    Yup, as a Red Sox fan it always pains me to give props to Cashman, but he did a great job here...snagged Solarte for beans, flipped him for a badly needed upgrade at 3B (and that said upgrade is Mr. Chase Headley shows how hurtin' NYY were at 3B).
                    Yes, a good deal for Cashman, but it was DePaula, not Solarte, that was the primary return for SD.

Comment

Any predictions on what Headley will do ROS?

I have $26 FAAB left. $16 will outbid 5 teams, including #2 (I'm #3). #1 has $37 left and would have to bid $26 (my max). He has Kelly Johnson at CI so it would make sense for him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

.298 BA last 31 days with .265 xBA

I would check his RF swing pct to that bandbox....
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                          Cashman has had a fatal attraction thing going on with Headley forever; glad he was able to give up next to nothing to get him-- I was afraid he'd get talked into giving up something valuable when he inevitably pulled the trigger on a trade for him. That said, DePaula may someday be a decent bullpen option in San Diego. Always chuckle when the Yankees get cash from a small market team in a deal
                          wait. who are you, and why do you have 18,314 posts on this forum?
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

(more seriously, headley owner in two leagues, including mock one, hoping a change of scenery does him well...)
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

How apropos is it that, while Headley is delivering the game-winning hit in his first game in pinstripes, the Pads get shutout by the Cubbies featuring a game when Rizzo hits 2 dingers against them as they leave $50 million in payroll on the bench (Quentin and Maybin)?

I feel like the Padres are Ike Turner and I'm Tina

Comment

Working...
                              X