How much faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much faith...

...do you have in young guys coner Gillespie and Logan Morrison .

I'm kind of thinking they are under the radar. They have some mlb time in and are young.

Worth acquiring ?

Morrison more than Gillespie for me, but neither should be considered saviors IMO

Comment

I'll go the opposite way. LoMo has proven himself to be a mid-.240s hitter with just his sophomore season as an outlier (at least in terms of power). Gillaspie is doing it now, which is more than LoMo can say. LoMo may not have many chances left, while Gillaspie is currently 10th in the AL in BA.

One would have to think LoMo is on his second strike while Gillaspie has many chances left, even with Matt Davidson as his eventual successor.

Comment

I was afraid this was another religion thread!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

More faith in Gillaspie

Comment

I think these guys are under the radar because they have been hit by enemy fire and a leaking serious fuel. If you want to ride one of these bombs, be my guest, but I think we know how it will turn out. Talk about Slim Pickens.....

More seriously, LoMo has only moderate power with too many popups to have anything but a mediocre batting average. Connor Gillespie looks like a slightly poorer man's Chris Johnson.

Comment

LoMo plays at Safeco and is the mix of Smoak (again) and Corey Hart. Do not put too much faith in him. If I had a choice I'd pick Gillespie.

Now add Morales and Montero (really?) to the mix.
              Last edited by kawaise; 07-24-2014, 05:10 PM. Reason: ETA: Morales traded to M's
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
              X