Help me pick in my AL-only draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick in my AL-only draft

Standard 4x4 AL-only ($260 auction) switching to 5x5 (replacing Saves with Saves+Holds) next year; four player farm team. When activated the farm team player's salary is $5.

At our All-Star meeting we have the option of picking one player chosen in the June MLB draft. I have the 6th pick this year and have narrowed my interests to these players:

Carlos Rondon (ChW)

Casey Gillaspie (TB)
    Alex Jackson (Sea)

Bradley Zimmer (Cle)
    Nick Gordon (Min)

Matt Chapman (Oak).

What are your thoughts? Should I consider Jeff Hoffman (Tor)? I've thought about putting him #5 on my list.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

I'm not a big Gillaspie guy. I like Jackson but the park and org are a little scary. I agree that Rodon is #1, I probably still take Jackson 2, then Gordon 3. I probably would take Hoffman over Chapman or Gillaspie. So it's a question of Zimmer vs. Hoffman and I'd probably pick Hoffman's extreme upside.

What happened to Brady Aiken? I know he might be hurt but he's certainly still worth considering in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

What happened to Brady Aiken? I know he might be hurt but he's certainly still worth considering in the top 5.

I know that Aiken will be taken by one of two teams before me; the rest, really, is typically a crap-shoot (though I fully expect Rondon and Jackson will be gone).
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Nick Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Nick Gordon

Got him!

The five picks before me went in this order:

C. Rodon (ChW)
          C. Vallot (KC)
          A. Jackson (Sea)
          B. Aiken (Hou)
          pass (no pick)

I debated between Gordon and Gillaspie before settling on Gordon.

M. Pentecost (Tor) was the next player taken.

Comment

Working...
          X