need a Phillips replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a Phillips replacement

I traded Gordon away (doh!) when I thought Betts would hit enough to stay in the majors and get a good amount of SB. So far, almost completely wrong and it looks like his PT will continue to be part time.

My choices are Infante, Mercer, or Alcantara. I'd have to wait for 10 games at 2B for Alcantara, and I'd start Betts in the meantime. He seems like a good swing for the fences type gamble though and his PT should more guaranteed within 3 weeks when the Cubs make some trades.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Sounds like there are some middling options on the wire you can fall back on in case Alcantara gets sent back down - I'd gamble on him.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Sounds like there are some middling options on the wire you can fall back on in case Alcantara gets sent back down - I'd gamble on him.
      Agreed. Take the chance on upside, and if it doesn't pan out, go for the known mediocrity.

Comment

thanks, you guys confirmed my thoughts.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I asked this same question at BHQ and the two replies were Infante and Mercer. The crowd over there is consistently conservative with their picks. I thanked them for their help but I still think Alcantara should be my first choice.

Comment

really depends where you are in the standings - in 1st or maybe 2nd I take Infante, in 4th or 5th I tale Alcantara.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              really depends where you are in the standings - in 1st or maybe 2nd I take Infante, in 4th or 5th I tale Alcantara.
              in first but really need some help in HR and SB.

Comment

Working...
              X