E5 is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E5 is Back!

How terrible is Juan Riveria in the OF if Edwin is going to play 3B?

I think it's a combination of that plus the Jays wanting to keep Bautista happy. It's likely a stopgap move until Lawrie comes up mid-season; in the ideal scenario E5 gets off to a hot start with the bat & doesn't embarass himself at 3rd & build up some trade value.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

John Perotto mentioned today in his column on BP that the reason for the switch (according to his sources) was Rivera's total lack of range in the outfield at this point. I think TranaGreg is right in his prediction that the Jays are probably just hoping Lawrie makes it sooner than later and will deal with E5 at third until that happens, at which point Encarnacion can move to DH and Rivera can take his rightful place on the bench.

Comment

.264 AVG, 1 HR and has played himself to a bench role. Is he worth hanging onto in a 10 teamer? $6 keeper who I have to cut lose next year.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Edwin is a disaster. Move on.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Edwin is a disaster. Move on.
            I should add that it's a 10-team AL.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              I should add that it's a 10-team AL.
              Then it depends on what your alternative is. If there's nothing better on the waiver wire, reserve him and hope he gets it going. There's no doubt that he can be a monster for short periods of time.

I've been an EE supporter since he first came up with Cincinnati, but even my patience has run out. He's completely undependable.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                Then it depends on what your alternative is. If there's nothing better on the waiver wire, reserve him and hope he gets it going. There's no doubt that he can be a monster for short periods of time.

I've been an EE supporter since he first came up with Cincinnati, but even my patience has run out. He's completely undependable.
                And of course he hits one today, making me believe I should leave him in and bench Nix next week. He's hitting .400 in the last 14 days (10 for 25).

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  And of course he hits one today, making me believe I should leave him in and bench Nix next week. He's hitting .400 in the last 14 days (10 for 25).
                  If you choice is strictly EE vs. Nix, play Encarnacion. Nix has little upside.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    If you choice is strictly EE vs. Nix, play Encarnacion. Nix has little upside.
                    I have 3 spots to fill from: Brignac, Nix, EE, Hughes, Nishioka. For next week I have Brignac and Nix on the bench.

Comment

While he stinks, I like EE better than everyone on your list except Nishioka.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        While he stinks, I like EE better than everyone on your list except Nishioka.
                        Thanks for your thoughts, Hammer and DQ. I grabbed Nix as a fill-in for Nishioka and he provided me with a bit of pop. However, his avg stinks and perhaps it's time to cut him loose.

Comment

Working...
                        X