Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which prospect would you want? Michael Wacha or Jurickson Profar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which prospect would you want? Michael Wacha or Jurickson Profar?

Dynasty league, start C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,OF,OF,OF,OF,DH,DH / 9 Pitchers

Not taking need into account, which prospect would you prefer?

I'm thinking Profar. Shoulder injuries scare the hell out of me and a MI position player is harder to replace than a pitcher. It may take Profar longer to become fantasy relevant, but once he does he's going to be the more valuable player. He may be a tad better baseball player than fantasy player, but still worth more than Wacha IMO.

Comment

I'll get this in here before El D explains why Profar is a bum and will always be a bum .

I'd go with Profar too, for the reasons you say. Hitter over pitcher. The scarcity of MIFers. Shoulder injuries for pitchers are scary. I like Wacha a lot, and I don't think Profar is a strong bet to ever be a super stud, but I think his upside is Pedroia with a tad less speed and a tad lower BA, and that is a damn fine MIFer.

Of course, Wacha has shown more in the majors, and for that reason, if his shoulder isn't scaring you right now, I could see someone going with him.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-08-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I think Wacha will be a great one. I would go with him.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'd go with Profar on hitter v. pitcher issue. Shoulder injuries scare me for both pitchers and hitters and they both have them, but I think it is scarier for pitchers. I might try to get someone who is healthy.

Comment

My gut said Wacha but taking the dynasty aspect into account, I'd probably go Profar.

Comment

I ended up trading Ryan Zimmerman and Jurickson Profar for Jason Heyward and Michael Wacha. I think I can live with that. I needed a bump on the other end of the trade for giving up Profar and I like Heyward a lot more than Zimmerman.

Comment

Working...
              X