2k11 Chris Heisey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11 Chris Heisey?

What can you tell me about Chris Heisey? He is supposed to be a better fielder than Gomes and maybe a better bat?

Is he worth an endgame flier in a 12 team NL only 5x5? Or should he go in the reserve draft? Any future potential for keeper leagues?

Rotoworld sure likes him better over the long haul than Gomes.

Heisey is a good defender in right, good enough in center, well above average in left. Far better than Gomes defensively. His problem is twofold--One, he's across-the-board good but not excellent; and two, he's one of those low-round guys who climbed the ladder based on results (not draft position or flash) and accordingly doesn't have great support in the front office.

He doesn't have the upside of the starters, but he could wind up as or more productive as Gomes, who can be wildly inconsistent. IMO he's easily worth an endgame pick in deep leagues.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      What can you tell me about Chris Heisey? He is supposed to be a better fielder than Gomes and maybe a better bat?

Is he worth an endgame flier in a 12 team NL only 5x5? Or should he go in the reserve draft? Any future potential for keeper leagues?

Rotoworld sure likes him better over the long haul than Gomes.
      Unquestionably worth a pick and has potential keeper value. He should no doubt be starting ahead of Gomes, but so far that isn't the case. At the very least, they should be platooning with Heisey on the good side. I really like the kid and think he could be Seth Smith-ish in that he's a mid-20s bloomer who struggles for a full-time job for a bit, though not because of talent. Smith was a higher pick so it's not an equal comp, but long story short I really like Heisey. He went pretty high for an endgamer in my leagues so I missed out unfortunately.

Comment

All Star bump. Who likes him to get 300 PA the rest of the way?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          All Star bump. Who likes him to get 300 PA the rest of the way?

J
          Not me. Dusty is too enamored of Gomes and will frequently play Lewis "to keep him fresh", while restricting Heisey to pinch-hitting, giving Stubbs days off, and being Gomes' defensive replacement.

Of course, an injury to one of the other OFs or a case of Dusty-be-gone would change that, not that there's any hint of the latter.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

best thing that could happen to him is a trade. i think he could be very productive. if i'm trading with either the reds or cardinals i want heisey or jay - and more of course, but i like those two players if they got bigger roles.

Comment

No stubbs tonight. Heisey with 2 jacks.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Why do the Reds insist on playing Jonny Gomes????
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Why do the Reds insist on playing Jonny Gomes????
                  The same reason Edgar freaking Renteria batted 2nd last night. Baker is way too loyal to fading and middling veterans.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    The same reason Edgar freaking Renteria batted 2nd last night. Baker is way too loyal to fading and middling veterans.
                    Just say "Dusty Baker". Its reason enough for most insanity.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

16home runs in just 240 at bats.

Comment

Working...
                      X