Next wave of relevant call ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next wave of relevant call ups?

Joey Gallo - Rangers general manager Jon Daniels told MLB Network Radio Monday he doesn't expect prospect Joey Gallo to make his MLB debut in 2014. Gallo, who was recently promoted to Double-A Frisco, has homered 29 times in 76 games this season between two levels in the minors.

Jimmy Nelson - Even though Estrada saved his job for another week, isn't it obvious the Brewers need to replace him?

Jonathan Gray - AA Rockies

Noah Snydergaard - Mets manager Terry Collins said Tuesday "there's a possibility" top pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard will not be promoted to the majors this season, per MLB.com. When asked why, Collins replied, "[Stuff] happens."

Kris Bryant - Cubs third base prospect Kris Bryant has been promoted to Triple-A and has already homered at that level, but that will probably be as far as he ascends this season, according to president of baseball operations Theo Epstein.
    This guy does strike out a lot.

Archie Bradley - Had some elbow issues earlier, but appears to have dodged a bullet. Will he get the call soon?

Alex Meyer AAA Twins

Robert Refsnyder - tearing the cover off the ball between AA and AAA. Brian Roberts is a bum and the Yankees should promote Refsnyder very soon.

Arismendy Alcantara!

Comment

Have to think Alcantara tops the list (based on recent comments by Jason McLeod).

Less sure on Joc Pederson. Think he could see a call-up, but may not be until there's an injury (or September roster expansion).

Comment

Dylan Bundy
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

- T May for Minny
          - J Biddle for Philly
          - C Taylor for Seattle (SBs)
          - A Colome for TB (after they trade Price)
          Last edited by rhd; 07-04-2014, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I wish we still had T May but sadly he was a throw-in in the Worley-Revere deal and is now property of the Twins.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              I wish we still had T May but sadly he was a throw-in in the Worley-Revere deal and is now property of the Twins.
              Right you are! Sorry. Fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                - T May for Minny
                - J Biddle for Philly
                - C Taylor for Seattle (SBs)
                - A Colome for TB (after they trade Price)
                Doesn't look like Jessie Biddle is getting called up to the majors anytime soon. He was absolutely destroyed in 4 consecutive outings, and was just removed from the roster temporarily to clear his head. He and the team have said he's not injured. Biddle was quoted as saying something - in my opinion a little wacky - like "I'm just really unhappy when I pitch and I don't know why" or something like that. Exactly what you want one of your few top prospects to say in a largely barren farm system!

Comment

For deeper leagues, Nick Tropeano should get the call to Houston soon.

Comment

I don't see either Bradley or Gray getting a call up before September...the Rockies are out of it and have no need to put MLB miles on Gray's arm, and Bradley is still feeling his way along, not pitching very well. With the D-Backs being as crappy as they are, I can't see a reason to call him up either...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                    X