Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another thread about an owner with seemingly no clue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thread about an owner with seemingly no clue...

Owner in last place in my league with 42 points (he finished 13th out of 14 teams last year with 32 points) has a retched team, obviously.

I offered Chris Davis who is an $11 keeper in 2015 for Cano who is $42. Cano is not at a good keeper price and Davis may turn out to be a steal for $11 next year.

Isn't this the type of deal a last place team should take? What's the downside for him?? other than he is looking at other deals for Cano...which is possible..maybe closer to the trading deadline he will take it???

And IF Davis heats up he has a trading chip if he chooses..
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Because he thinks Davis' fluky 2013 will never happen again and he will be stuck rostering a dead weight "impact" player in 2015? That's why I wouldnt do it...because Davis just sucks.

Comment

Sometimes we just don't like certain players or we like some too much. If I was the Cano owner (and I was) I would put a package together and go after the best and cheapest keeper out there (and I did getting a $5a Abreu in my AL only). I would not be looking to trade for Davis.

Comment

So, which trade partner is this thread about?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Yeah, Davis at $11 is a mid-level keeper, at best, and mainly just as an upside flier. Would I give Cano for him? Hell no. I'd hope to do MUCH better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Because he thinks Davis' fluky 2013 will never happen again and he will be stuck rostering a dead weight "impact" player in 2015? That's why I wouldnt do it...because Davis just sucks.
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....yeah me too..he's an albatross..
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Ironically, I traded Davis/Rendon for Cano 5 weeks ago or so and, despite Rendon having a very solid year, I haven't looked back. Davis has the stink of death on him this year.
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson