Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revere for Howard?

11-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

Just got offered Ryan Howard ($18/2) for Ben Revere ($21/2). I do need power but am worried about losing ground in steals. Right now the pecking order for homers is 85/85/81/80/73/70 and steals is 106/87/77/69/65/62. OBP is another category that has fluctuated a lot but Howard's not much of an upgrade there. My remaining steals guys would be Rollins, Heyward, and Wong (when he comes back). Thoughts?

Big question to me is have you been moving up or down in HR and SB? As your team stands now, do you expect to move in either category? I like Revere better and absent some info that shows you wont lose much ground in SB, I'd hold.

Your remaining speed is not that great.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Looks like you could gain 3 spots pretty easily in homers, and it would take a big gain by the guy behind you in steals to catch you soon. I'd look around a bit for power, but it's certainly a fair deal...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Been falling in homers, but I just traded for Jay Bruce last week so hopefully that'll help. Also have Trumbo coming off the DL fairly soon.

I moved into 2nd in steals a couple weeks ago and the gap has continued to widen between me and 3rd place. His main steals guys are Segura, Daniel Murphy, Frazier, and Span (who he traded for recently). 4th place had Gregory Polanco get called up recently and also has Blackmon, Gomez, and Jordan Schaefer (who somehow has 11 SB already). He did just trade Braun and Starlin Castro for Puig so that'll slow him down a tad.

Comment

I'd wait for a little more cushion in SB before dealing off your main source of SB. Trumbo and Bruce should be enough to move up in HR.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Been falling in homers, but I just traded for Jay Bruce last week so hopefully that'll help. Also have Trumbo coming off the DL fairly soon.

I moved into 2nd in steals a couple weeks ago and the gap has continued to widen between me and 3rd place. His main steals guys are Segura, Daniel Murphy, Frazier, and Span (who he traded for recently). 4th place had Gregory Polanco get called up recently and also has Blackmon, Gomez, and Jordan Schaefer (who somehow has 11 SB already). He did just trade Braun and Starlin Castro for Puig so that'll slow him down a tad.
            Bruce is also going to help you out in steals...he's got a surprising 9 so far this year, and I don't believe that he's been caught. With a pig like Trumbo on your roster, you don't need another average/OBP drain like Howard...CBB is right, pass.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

At this point in the year it's tough to make a trade that's not a dump trade so I doubt I could find someone else who would trade power for Revere.

Even if I lose that 1 point in steals, wouldn't the combination of Bruce/Trumbo/Howard basically ensure that I'd gain at least 3 point in homers? That's not even taking into account the bump in RBI and maybe OBP. Plus, of the teams within 20 homers of me, one is the team who's offering Howard, another is the one who traded me Bruce, and another will probably be dumping soon. Did I just talk myself into this trade?

Comment

I wouldn't make the deal. If you have Trumbo and Bruce to help with power, then why trade Revere? Seems like you can maintain in SB and gain in HR without making the deal.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I wouldn't make the deal. If you have Trumbo and Bruce to help with power, then why trade Revere? Seems like you can maintain in SB and gain in HR without making the deal.
                  I agree with Mith on this one. With half a season to go you could lose more than one point in sbs.

Comment

Working...
                  X