Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo

Off topic but need some help. I am switching from Yahoo mail to Gmail due to my Yahoo account getting hacked on multiple occasions. I still play in 2 Yahoo fantasy leagues and don't want to screw up anything with that. When you go to cancel your account you get this...

By terminating this account, you will lose your Yahoo! ID, Mail address, and Profile names. We will also delete your account data and settings across the Yahoo! network. This includes the contents of your HotJobs, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Address Book, Yahoo! Small Business, Yahoo! GeoCities, Yahoo! Briefcase, My Yahoo! and more. Account deletion will also terminate any paid services that you own with this yahoo id. You may not be able to recover payments remitted for these services or the data associated with these accounts.
    If you have not already done so, please verify that you have no active premium services before deleting your Account. To view and cancel your current subscriptions, visit Yahoo! Billing Information for your account, choose the "My Services" tab, and click the "Cancel" link for each subscription.
    Please note: As of August, 2010, deleting your YID will result in an automatic deletion of your Flickr account. After an account is deleted the photos, along with the stats and all metadata are permanently removed. Once this action is taken, it cannot be undone.

Should I just abandon it or do you think it won't mess with my fantasy teams so I can delete it? Thanks

Just abandon it and tell everyone to start using your gmail address.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I would wait until you e-mail yahoo support with your questions and get answers from them. You need the Yahoo ID to access your teams. There should be a way to close the yahoo e-mail address without affecting everything else. I don't use Yahoo for e-mail so i'm not sure. Good luck.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        Off topic but need some help. I am switching from Yahoo mail to Gmail due to my Yahoo account getting hacked on multiple occasions. I still play in 2 Yahoo fantasy leagues and don't want to screw up anything with that. When you go to cancel your account you get this...

By terminating this account, you will lose your Yahoo! ID, Mail address, and Profile names. We will also delete your account data and settings across the Yahoo! network. This includes the contents of your HotJobs, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Address Book, Yahoo! Small Business, Yahoo! GeoCities, Yahoo! Briefcase, My Yahoo! and more. Account deletion will also terminate any paid services that you own with this yahoo id. You may not be able to recover payments remitted for these services or the data associated with these accounts.
        If you have not already done so, please verify that you have no active premium services before deleting your Account. To view and cancel your current subscriptions, visit Yahoo! Billing Information for your account, choose the "My Services" tab, and click the "Cancel" link for each subscription.
        Please note: As of August, 2010, deleting your YID will result in an automatic deletion of your Flickr account. After an account is deleted the photos, along with the stats and all metadata are permanently removed. Once this action is taken, it cannot be undone.

Should I just abandon it or do you think it won't mess with my fantasy teams so I can delete it? Thanks
        I abandoned my yahoo account years ago, and it's still valid...I go in every couple of months to delete crap and it stays alive. Just use your gmail account as your primary.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I abandoned my yahoo account years ago
          I'm in Iowa so a little behind the times Thanks all...I was worried about access to my teams if I deleted it and probably for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I abandoned my yahoo account years ago, and it's still valid...I go in every couple of months to delete crap and it stays alive. Just use your gmail account as your primary.
            I haven't even gone into my yahoo mail in about 6 years, and the ID still works fine for fantasy sports.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              I'm in Iowa so a little behind the times Thanks all...I was worried about access to my teams if I deleted it and probably for good reason.
              dude if you delete your account you won't be able to log in to your teams. you'll have to wait one year before reclaiming the account. i know i've done it.

Comment

Working...
              X