Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When last place doesn't give a crap anymore

11-team NL-Only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

The last place team - who has already sold off most of his assets - just made the following trade:

Aroldis - $16/0 years left on his contract
    Romo - $16/2
    Tyson Ross - $13/2
    Valbuena - $1/1
    Morton - $10/2
    Stubbs - $11/2
    Chris Young - $20/2
    Miley - $12/1

for

Rendon - $13/1 (apparently the jewel of this deal?!)
    AJ Pollock - $10/1
    Lincecum - $12/2
    Neil Ramirez - $10/2
    Clippard - $4/2
    Reed Johnson - $10/2
    Justin Bour - $10/2

I'm never one to veto, but it's also disappointing when a last place team just unloads every last asset for a mediocre return.

You would have better context than an outsider. You would know this owners prior history, any unique keeper/roster rules, if it is standard 260 salary or some other number. From an outsiders pov, yes he traded away 2 closers, Romo looking shaky, and a handful of flawed players, I mean which player outside the 2 closers has the big value? C Young is having his usual terrible contact issues. W Miley was supposed to be good but his era/whip are not helping anyone.

He got back upside players. Rendon in the right league context could be a good keeper, AJ Pollock is injured now but to a rebuilder that means nothing, and looks to be worth a gamble. Lincecum of course just threw a nono, and has better numbers on the year than W Miley who he traded away. I dont think this is the deal to get humbugged upset about, other than its too many players getting swapped. I dont think this is a deal from a player who "doesn't give a crap anymore."

Let me edit this a bit. Yes it is lopsided. Yes guys like T Ross & D Stubbs have value. Yes it looks to be a bad deal for a rebuilder. But its a deal moving leftover parts of various broken toys. There is no babe Ruth in this lot being given away.

Comment

$350 salary cap so a middle infielder like Valbuena at $1 (with his .359 OBP) is actually pretty valuable. It's been a weird year for trading all around, but this could've been the biggest headscratcher, made worse by the fact that these were literally the last useable parts on this guy's team.

Comment

you should probably list what you offered this last-place team, for context
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          C Young is having his usual terrible contact issues.
          this year Young has the highest contact of his career in a season with more than 70 AB.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I don't see it as a bad haul at all...mp matter what the context is. he gets some good to very good pieces (Rendon, Pollack, Ramirez, and perhaps even Timmy), for 2 closers and a bag of mediocrity. Ross can be good, the rest are "meh", and would likely not be keepers under anyone's definition. Not a Charlie Morton fan....
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              you should probably list what you offered this last-place team, for context
              He wanted my $1/1 Kolten Wong for Aroldis/Valbuena and I passed since I'm mostly after hitting at this point. Most dump trades in this league include at least one young player whose contract can be extended so this one was a bit of an outlier.

Comment

Working...
              X