Some love for Altuve!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some love for Altuve!!!

He is hitting around .340 with 32 steals...WOW!!!Keep it up Jose...keep it up!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

He's almost a one-man show tonight. He produced two runs with his legs. First run he singled, stole second, stole third (they changed the scoring to a wild pitch but the ball only got about four feet from the catcher), and alertly hustled home when the throw rolled away from Castellanos. Next run he stretched a single into a double, advanced to third on an infield chopper to the shortstop, and stole home on a pickoff throw behind the runner at first base.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      He's almost a one-man show tonight. He produced two runs with his legs. First run he singled, stole second, stole third (they changed the scoring to a wild pitch but the ball only got about four feet from the catcher), and alertly hustled home when the throw rolled away from Castellanos. Next run he stretched a single into a double, advanced to third on an infield chopper to the shortstop, and stole home on a pickoff throw behind the runner at first base.
      I bet he's been a one-man show plenty of nights this year!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

He's really been hot of late, but tonight was something special.

He's improved in all facets of his game this year, and he is a joy to watch.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The last person to lead the league in hits and stolen bases was Alfonso Soriano back in 2002.

Luckily he'll be an All-Star based on the representation rule, but he deserves to be starting.

Comment

Keuchel should be an All-Star, too, so hopefully Altuve doesn't need to rely on the representation rule. That would be ridiculous.

Comment

Altuve has not slowed down at all! What a season for this dude...

Comment

Is he next year's top fantasy 2B? If not, is he a 1st round pick?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Is he next year's top fantasy 2B? If not, is he a 1st round pick?
                  I'm keeping him for $24 in my 14 team mixed league.

First round pick? Well the way a lot of the first rounders performed this year, maybe. Can he keep hitting over.300, let alone over .330 next season. Will he go back to 35 steals instead of 55? Will he score more runs next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

First round pick? Well the way a lot of the first rounders performed this year, maybe. Can he keep hitting over.300, let alone over .330 next season. Will he go back to 35 steals instead of 55? Will he score more runs next season?
                    he's 24. my money is on yes.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Hitting over .330 is really hard. Since WWII, Gwynn, Boggs, and Carew are the only players to do that on a consistent basis.

Among active guys, Cabrera has done it in 4 years out of 12, Mauer in 3 years out of 11, Pujols in 5 years out of 14, Ichiro in 4 years out of 14.

But it's also worth noting that Altuve changed his swing since last year. I won't go into the details of it, but there are articles out there if you look for them.

Comment

He's the #3 ranked hitter, plays a weak position, and is just 24 years old. I'd say he's a 1st round lock next year.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                        X