Frieri Traded for Grilli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frieri Traded for Grilli

strange trade -- when was the last time two fallen closers were traded for each other?

Is joey smith still #1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      Is joey smith still #1 ?

His mama thinks so
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        Is joey smith still #1 ?
        For now, absolutely. I think ANA has to let Grilli set up or even work the 7th to get acclimated to the AL.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          For now, absolutely. I think ANA has to let Grilli set up or even work the 7th to get acclimated to the AL.
          acclimated in what sense? i don't think there's much acclimation for setup guys or closers. there used to be a bigger discrepancy in the way balls and strikes were called in the two leagues, but my understanding is that is a thing of the past.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Not doubting this idea, but Grilli has been in the league for 15 years, which already included 2 stints in the AL. I'm pretty sure he'd scoff at that, lol.

Comment

I think it's more an idea of seeing how he acclimates to his new club, IE: how's he throwing the ball. What's working for him, and what's not. He's not going to be put into pressure situations until the Angels see how he can handle them, and if he's REALLY healthy or not.

So Smith is going to be the guy, IMO, until they see what Grilli brings to the table, and not before...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

If they turn to Girlli to close they are crazy. He doesn't have the same stuff he had early in 2013 and is not even a high leverage setup guy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Not doubting this idea, but Grilli has been in the league for 15 years, which already included 2 stints in the AL. I'm pretty sure he'd scoff at that, lol.
                  So then youre doubting this idea.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Even more strange:
                    As Grilli and Frieri were traveling across the country in opposite directions to join their new teams, they both had a layover at Chicago's O'Hare Airport. When Grilli entered one of the many restrooms at one of the busiest airports in the country, who did he bump into and have a conversation with? That's right. Frieri!
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      acclimated in what sense? i don't think there's much acclimation for setup guys or closers. there used to be a bigger discrepancy in the way balls and strikes were called in the two leagues, but my understanding is that is a thing of the past.
                      I meant getting used to the AL hitters again. I know there is interleague but he hasn't seen them regularly in 5 years.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                      X