AL Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Trade?

Looking to improve in pitching in our AL 5x5 league. What do you think of this trade proposal?

Give: Alex Cobb $8 (contract through 2015)
    Get: Masahiro Tanaka $26, Zach Britton $1

1) Is Tanaka a clear upgrade over Cobb?
    2) Is Britton reliable as closer? Is he a keeper for 2015?

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Looking to improve in pitching in our AL 5x5 league. What do you think of this trade proposal?

Give: Alex Cobb $8 (contract through 2015)
    Get: Masahiro Tanaka $26, Zach Britton $1

1) Is Tanaka a clear upgrade over Cobb?
    2) Is Britton reliable as closer? Is he a keeper for 2015?
    No way would i trade Tanaka, although Cobb is a fair offer at those prices.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd trade Cobb for Tanaka & Britton

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        I'd trade Cobb for Tanaka & Britton
        Well hell yeah!!!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

This is an absolute no-brainer. Tanaka and Britton are both keepable at those prices.

The O's rotation is going to be even more crowded when Bundy comes up, so there is a good chance Britton stays in the pen.

Cobb has been Jeckyl-and-Hyde. You won't miss him. Pull the trigger.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Yep, make the trade.

Comment

Sorry if I was unclear. I want to make that offer. Not sure he'll go for it.

Is Britton "for reall? Would you do the deal if it were just Cobb for Tanaka?

Comment

Britton will be valuable one way or another, whether he continues to close (which is my guess) or he ends up back in the rotation. I doubt this guy will accept your proposal, but you might as well try!

Not sure I would do Cobb for Tanaka straight up though, seems like you should be able to find a dumper who will give you a couple nice pieces for Cobb at that price.

Comment

No way do I trade Tanaka for Cobb straight up. Tanaka is cheap at $26.

Comment

Working...
                  X