NL Only - Cueto for DGordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only - Cueto for DGordon

Keeper league, but I'm looking more for this year. Cueto is $12 next year, Gordon $13

Gordon would replace JTurner, who replaced Gyorko... My MI would be Rendon, Gordon and Castro

The only thing keeping me from even offering this is that I likely have NO shot at getting from second to first...the guy's team is playing out of their minds and being so low in BA, I don't think I can catch him...this trade would likely help me stay in second, but it 'could' cause a scare provided I can move up in the fickle Wins category. The other thing is that when I get Belt back in a few weeks, he will slot to CI and I can move JHarrison from CI to MI to get Turner out.

So, do I go ahead and try to get Gordon or just stand pat?

April .344-13sb in 21 games
    May .244-21sb in 29 games
    June .246-3sb in 14 games

So no, I think I would want more. Cueto may fade or get hurt but he is the best non-Kershaw pitcher in the NL right now.

Comment

from a pure value standpoint, Gordon is the play as his speed moves you to the top of steals. Looking at next year, I prefer Cueto as Gordon might not be a starter. I like cash so if Gordon is more likely to keep you in second and maybe gets you to first, I do it. If you have one eye to next year and second isn't important to you, stand pat.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        April .344-13sb in 21 games
        May .244-21sb in 29 games
        June .246-3sb in 14 games

So no, I think I would want more. Cueto may fade or get hurt but he is the best non-Kershaw pitcher in the NL right now.
        and...fortunately I also have Kershaw....

Comment

I'd be surprised if Gordon starts all year. I haven't heard any news lately, but I expect Guerrero to at least platoon with Gordon at some point if he heals as expected. Gordon has been very disappointing in June as JC points out.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

The shine on Gordon has worn off a bit, I don't think I'd give up a pitcher of Cueto's caliber to get him.

Comment

1 for 2 tonite with a walk, 2 R and a SB

keep talking him down - he is listening!
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X