X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidge out 3-6 weeks

Per Zolecki

Contreras to get 1st crack at saves

Ruben Amaro just updated us, saying that closer Brad Lidge has a posterior rotator cuff strain. He will be shut down for 3-6 weeks. That does not, repeat, does not mean he’s out for 3-6 weeks. He will be out much longer, perhaps 2 months because he’ll need at least 3 weeks once he starts throwing again before he’ll be ready to pitch in a game.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Contreras to get 1st crack at saves
      Not bad for a 4th rd reserve pick in RJEL
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

and I traded Madson for Hammel 3 weeks ago....for this reason

Comment

As the owner of Madson, Storen, Demel, and Casilla, it's been a rough couple of days on the speculative save front. On the other hand, I've still got Balfour, Bard, Benoit, Gregerson, and Venters, so maybe I can finish 3rd to last in saves instead of dead last.
          18 team mixed 4x4 draft league. Champion in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by no driver View Post
            As the owner of Madson, Storen, Demel, and Casilla, it's been a rough couple of days on the speculative save front. On the other hand, I've still got Balfour, Bard, Benoit, Gregerson, and Venters, so maybe I can finish 3rd to last in saves instead of dead last.
            do you have any SP?
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              do you have any SP?
              Maybe Ogando
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Lincecum, Hanson, Kuroda, Lewis, and Pineda. I'm a heavy user of the MR strategy (as you may have guessed) to keep my ratios low but I usually manage to find a SP or two worth adding during the season. I usually get one solid closer and don't go this overboard on the MRs, but there always seemed to be better choices at my turns in the draft and then the closers were gone, so I loaded up on MRs. In a couple of weeks as roles solidify I'll start rebalancing my team.
                18 team mixed 4x4 draft league. Champion in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X