Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archie Bradley for Bruce/McGehee?

11-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

Bradley's at $3 and will have a 3-year contract once he's called up, with the option to extend at a minimum of 2 years for $5 per year (i.e. $3/$3/$13/$13/$13). Bruce is $38 and McGehee $5 and would be replacing some combination of Schierholtz/Espinosa/Furcal/Ludwick/Jace Peterson (hopefully he gets sent down soon if they're not going to play him). Sitting in 1st by only 1/2 a point with close races in all hitting categories. It's been tough making waves with the other teams lower in the standings, so it's possible this would be the best dump deal I could get. Worth it to give up the best pitching prospect in the game?

Thanks!

I would make the trade. Your hitting should improve enough to keep you in the hunt. I dont know much about bradley so i have no idea if he is in fact the best pitching prospect. Win now..worry about next year later.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks Mith, anybody else?

Comment

wow, does your trade opponent really believe that the game's best pitching prospect has a 5.18 ERA at AAA and is rehabbing from elbow issues?

Bradley may pan out some day, but if you feel this puts you over the top, go for it
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

My hitting has sucked these last few days and I've fallen into 2nd place. I'd still have Jon Gray and Matt Wisler as pitching prospects but Bradley's supposed to be the cream of the crop, even with his AAA struggles and recent injury woes. This owner has been after Bradley since last year so it's not surprising that he's still after him and it seems like this is a trade he would accept.

Comment

Working...
          X